RayxReader ~ Meeting My Soulmate

Requested by: MlpMoonDiamond

Warning: Includes Another Story Prologue Spoilers

~Soulmate AU~
AU: You can only see color where your soulmate has been.

Your POV:

I let out a sigh as I locked the door to my apartment. I started to walk down to the main entrance of the apartment building.

For my whole life, I've seen nothing but dull colors. Everything was either black or white. Nothing had real color. At one point in my life, I thought that I was just not allowed to see any real colors. Finally, I had enough and asked my parents if I could see a doctor about this. They agreed, but all the doctor said was that I needed to find my soulmate. That was a few years ago, six to be exact. I'm now twenty years old, and I'm still seeing the same, boring colors.

I walked out of the apartment building and down to the local grocery store. Last night I completely ran out of food, so that left me with no other option except for getting more in the morning.

On my way to the store, I notice that the world isn't as dark as it normally is, so it must be a decent day. I can hear the birds singing from their nests in the trees, and every now and then, I see a couple of squirrels chase each other around in the grass.

After walking for about ten minutes, I am finally a few steps away from the store. I stop walking for a moment and check my phone for the list I made, but when I look at my phone, I see an odd chatroom-like thing on my screen. It takes a second for someone or something to start typing. When it pauses, I notice that I am able to text back, so I do. The stranger, called 'Unknown', and I talk for a few minutes about me testing a game app the person made. They said it was about dating and chatting with fictional characters. Oddly enough, I agreed to doing it. Finally, their last words were that they would be calling me. I raised an eyebrow at how they have my number, but something in my mind told me that they will explain it later.

I start to walk into the store, but I get a call on my phone, making me stop walking. Answering the phone, the person on the other line tells me it is 'Unknown' from the chatroom I was just in. He goes on explaining about the app they made and how it works. I am told that my character will join some organization with five members, that I will be able to date, and I will have to email guests in order to hold a party. After they are finished explaining the game, I agree once more to test this game, but Unknown says I have to test it where he is. I am confused, however Unknown doesn't let me ask questions. He goes on, telling me that he will send a car to my location if I tell my location.

I don't reply for a moment, as I look around to see that there aren't many people around. Finally, I reply, giving Unknown the address of the store. Unknown says the car will be there soon and hangs up.

I put my phone in my pocket and take a deep breath. What I just got myself into, I have no idea. A thought comes to my mind that I shouldn't of agreed, and I start to worry that I will be in danger, due to the fact that I can't see any color differences.

Walking over to a table near the store, I sit down and look around. All around me are what feels like millions of people that have found there soulmates and are able to see the so-called beautiful colors of the world, when in reality there is only about two pairs of couples around.

I let out a tired sigh. The thought of ever finding my soulmate seems very distant. By this point in my life, I have only a little bit of hope left that I will every find that one person who will truly love me.

I sit around for a couple more minutes, staring at the monotonous world around me, before a car pulls over to the side of the road and parks. A man gets out of the car and calls me over to him. He asks if I am Y/n and when I said yes, he tells me to put a sleeping mask on. I look at the man, who clearly isn't Unknown since his voice is way too different, and the man continues by telling me if I don't want the sleeping mask, I can take a sleeping pill. My eyes widen, as I quickly take the mask and put it on after sitting in the back seat of the car.