CHAPTER THREE: TAKE TIME

— AUDREY DAVIS

"Ben, move, I don't fuck wit' chu' like that anymore." I said, as I was trying to pull away from him.

"Stop fucking lying Audrey, you know wassup between me and you." I rolled my eyes. "Then why can't we be official?" I asked. I looked into his eyes just so I can see if he'll lie.

He smacked his lips, but couldn't answer me. "We've been talking for a long time.. I just don't see why we can't be together." I continued shrugging my shoulders and shaking my head.

"You gotta' give me time mane.. I just don't wanna' see you hurt. Or hurt you in general." I just sighed and shook my head. "It's what you always say but okay Ben." I dismissed myself from the conversation, I walked away and sat down in the living room.

"You mad?" Ben asked, wrapping his arms around my neck, "YoU mAd? Get out my face Ben." I mocked him, mushed his head, then I scooted away.

"Get out my face Ben. Shut the fuck up." He tried to mock in my voice. "That's not even how I sound nigga." I retorted. I rolled my eyes, this felt like a good time to mess with KD, just because I'm mad.

I looked at him, he just got done rolling up, I picked up a pillow on the couch, and threw it at him. The pillow knocked his glasses off his face. He smacked his lips, and clenched his jaw.

"Who the fuck threw that pillow at me?" KD exclaimed. I sunk in the couch, I grabbed a pillow covering my face halfway, trying to restrain myself from laughing, and I pointed to Ben. He snatched the pillow from me, while laughing.

"Aww KD what happened?" Mina asked, while walking into the living room with Three. "Audrey dumb ass threw a pillow at him, and it knocked off his glasses." Mina laughed so loud after Ben told what happened.

KD picked his glasses up from the couch and went outside. "He gonna' beat yo' ass when he come back." Ben said while holding his stomach and laughing.

"Ain't it. Why you throw pillow at him in the first place?" Three asked. Him and Mina sat down on the other couch. "I was pi - "

"She was mad at me, so she took it out on him." Ben cut me off and said. I smacked my lips and rolled my eyes at the same time. "No." I exclaimed. "Ben pissed me off, so I accidentally threw the pillow at KD."

"Ain't no accident. You was plottin'." Ben shook his head after he said that. "It was an accident. Accident on his glasses falling off." I couldn't help but laugh at the last part cause it was fucked up and funny at the same time.

"For real though, was y'all really going out to the club instead of seeing niggas?" Ben asked. I smacked my lips and scrunched up my face. "Why you assume that we was seeing niggas?" I asked curiously, I crossed my arms looking at him.

"Y'all niggas was acting too suspicious. Had us well me thinking y'all were up to no good." Ben said, and shook his head.

"If other words you mean cheat. Why are men more insecure about their girlfriends than women insecure about their boyfriends?" Mina looked at me and asked. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Hold up. It's a lot of females, it's more females that cheat than niggas. Not to mention there's also a movie that show a bitch leaving her husband over a nigga she cheated on him with. What's her name?" Boomer spoke up.

"Judith?" I ask with a confused look. "Yeah her. My mama was binge watching that shit, and she told me bout it. Bitch caught aids. Shit, he couldn't be me. I couldn't sit there and let my bitch be taken from me. If anything ima' take somebody bitch." Boomer said.

"But hey! Since you want to go there, he was fucking Judith along with other females. And he had aids before he gotten with Judith. Then that bastard beat on Judith because of she wanted to leave him." Mina disclaimed.