CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: A RING TO NEW ORLEANS

— MINA GONZALEZ

"Three where is your key at?" I asked impatiently. "My key with me. What's wrong?" He asked.

"Me and Sage got into an argument, and she protecting her lil' friend.. Nah her new best friend, and I refuse to kiss her ass so that's I left, and I'm moving out her house as well."

"Mane what the fuck happened now? Every time we leave, yall always get into shit. Last time we left y'all by y'all selves, y'all was fighting, fucking shit up!" Kentrell yelled in the background.

"Who he talking too while he yelling in the background?" I asked Three. "Sage." Three laughed.

"Oh.. Well since you have your key, Ima' just stay with my mom." I walked away from his door. "No you can stay with me, but you can go over your moms until we come back." Three said.

"Speaking of that, why did y'all go to New Orleans anyway? And top of that none of the girls could go?" I asked him curiously. "That remains confidential until you and Sage get back." He said.

"Well that's never gonna' happen cause what she said was flat out disrespectful when I'm trying to help her. Why would you befriend someone AFTER the situation that happened when she was pregnant. I know it's been almost a year since, but still. She so quick to befriend somebody, and she really think all these bitches are her friends, some of her old friends, was only friends with her to get at her ex. And it happened, and the girl ended up pregnant by him. And now that she's Kentrell's girlfriend / one of his baby mama's, she definitely shouldn't want any friends."

"I ain't know shit about that. And while you telling me this, you can tell her that shit." I rolled my eyes after he said that.

"No Three, I'm not kissing her ass at all. I need an apology. She told me she doesn't need me. After all the shit I done for her. I was gonna' leave and move to California, but no I stayed to help her with her baby. She asked me to move in with her, and I did. But I feel so stupid now, I done shit for her, when I could've did something for myself." I ranted on the phone.

"You know that's not true. Yall both need each other to be honest. One day yall both gonna' realize that." Three said. "I don't know about that anymore.." I muttered. "You gone know.. But Ima' call you when I'm on the way back." He said.

"Okay." After we hung up on each other, I clicked on my mom's contact, and called her. "Yes?" She answered on the second ring. "Ma can I come over for a few hours until Three come back?" I asked her.

"Yeah you can, but why you cant go to your house?" She asked. "Me and Sage got into it today, and I'm moving out."

"What?? What the hell done happened?" She inquired. "Long story short, I'm never helping anyone else. Especially when they're ungrateful for that."

"Well that's what best friends are for. Yall both need each other, not one needing the other. And why you say that she's ungrateful?" My mom asked. "Because I stayed in BR, to help her with her baby, and also stayed here because of her."

"But Mina you chose to stay here though. You could've left but you stayed. You would've been thousands of miles away from your loved and close ones. You wouldn't have nobody but your dad really in California. You would've missed out on everything. And that's what made you stay." She stated.

"But if I would've left, some of the stuff would've never happened."

"If you're talking about Audrey dying.. It still would've happened, you just would've never been there." I'm not even just talking about that.. But she right. I wouldn't been abled to be here for Audrey until her funeral. Nor have a second chance in Motherhood.