CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: MORE STORIES

— MINA GONZALES

"When we get up in here, Ima' act like Stacia (STA•CEE•UH) his baby mama." Sage said, as we drove to East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.

"You know they gonna' ask for your ID. What chu' gonna' get it from Stacia?" I asked her.

"Stacia don't like me. I don't give two fucks cause I don't like her neither the fuck. Her baby daddy killed my brother. Talking about Jayceon didn't kill him when he did. Everybody said Jayceon did it. Why the fuck was he guilty then?" Sage said.

"Stacia tried to say somebody planted the evidence, but I wouldn't believe shit Stacia say. She just as guilty as the rest of them. I dont understand why shit happening now when that shit happened years ago."

"Exactly, but wait.. We all dont know the truth behind it, we only know some. I need to know all of it, so going to this prison would give me hope. But I'm not so sure now." Sage shrugged her shoulders.

"We'll figure it out someway, but let's see Jaylah
. She'll tell you the whole story from her point of view." I implied.

"I dont know why I didnt just ask her from the beginning anyway." Sage said, making a U-Turn. "She moved to New Orleans for college, remember?"

(I'll show a picture of her next chapter.. currently dont have my phone 🙄)

"Oh yeah I forgot.." She muttered. "I wish somebody just speak up. Like why are finding pieces of the truth and that shit happened 4 to 5 years ago. And somebody needa' tell me because that's my son's father." Savannah spoke up.

"Savannah people dont know that though. Only the people you be around." Sage said. "But you might wanna' keep it like that till you're comfortable. Cause you'on know who to trust now.."

"Right." Sage muttered, agreeing with me. "Sage, you of all people befriend people every other day. Yet you say you'on know who to trust." I rolled my eyes and said.

"Mina no the hell I dont. If you talking about Andrea.. I can actually trust her, and she ain't never told me she was fucking with Ben. Ben never said who he was fucking with either. Speaking of Ben, I needa' talk to em'. We didnt talk yesterday either, and that was the first time us seeing each other again." Sage explained, shrugging her shoulders.

I scoffed and waved her off. "You do be having other friends. I dont care unless they in my God daughter's face and in mines period."

"She only been around Andrea, and nobody else. And I dont have other friends Mina, if you tryna' be petty." She said.

"Whatever." I muttered, rolling my eyes. "So we going to New Orleans or what?" I asked, changing the subject. "It's only an hour and some minutes away, why not?" Sage said.

"Halloween coming up.. Drey wanted us all to be bad bitches.." I snickered, shaking my head, of the memory. "Ima' be princess Jasmine." Sage said.

"She said, some bad bitches, not a princess Sage." I waved her off. "Princess Jasmine is a bad bitch, she a princess duh. I gotta' be something child friendly Mina. I wanna' be able to take Nari out for halloween."

"Okay after that, what about the halloween party?" I asked. "Let's match for that, we can be some bad ass angels or cheerleaders. I really wanna' be a ninja but a bad one like Skarlet or Jade." Sage said.

"No be Jade, while I'll be Kitana." I said. "Yall know yall only have two months to talk about this right?" Savannah asked. "Duh, but talking about it early is better. And now what apartments Jaylah live?" Sage inquired.