CHAPTER THIRTY: BEING THE BIGGER PERSON

— KENTRELL GAULDEN | NBA YOUNGBOY

When we pulled up to the hospital, we all hopped out the car. We ran inside. "Y'all know which room he in?" I asked them.

"They in the ER." We went over there, and heard a bunch of yelling, and arguing. "You put my daughter in so much drama and stress! And she lost the baby because of you!" Unique's mama cried.

"You can't blame me for that! She did that shit to herself! The doctor said She was having a miscarriage before the accident!" Three yelled back.

"Say Three you good?" I called him. "Yeah. I just got cuts and shit, nothing serious." He said.

"Meanwhile my daughter is in the ER!" Unique's mama stressed.

"Hey! I'm gonna' have to ask y'all to leave before I call security!" The nurse said. "I have every right to stay. My daughter is a patient here. And she needs me. But he can leave."

"No all of you have to leave. You can come back for your daughter later." The nurse instructed. "Mane I'm gone anyways." Three said before walking away.

"That nurse bad as fuck. She can get it." KD said. "Go head and holla' at ha' bro'." Ben implied.

"Aye can I get yo' number?" KD asked the nurse. She scoffed, and walked away. "You better off with Ultraviolet." Joe said.

"Her name not no fucking Ultraviolet, its Indigo. And I'm not fucking with her no more." KD said. "Is true that she pregnant tho'?" Boomer inquired.

"Ion even know. Pregnancy starting to be a trend, so she probably is." KD shrugged his shoulders. "Hell yeah a lot of babies was born this year. And some of y'alls about to be born."

"Nigga yours was just born 6 months ago." Ben said. "I know, and I wanna' have another one but Sage playing."

"Damn you ain't gone let her have her summer first?" Boomer asked. "Fuck no, she already had her summer."

"That was Last year, round the time we first met her. And you couldn't wait to smash." KD said. "And 1 month later she gotten pregnant." Boomer said laughingly.

"But when you gone propose to her?" Joe asked me. "Soon. Real soon."

"He gone try and get pregnant then propose." KD implied. "Nah soon. I'm just waiting on the right time."

— MINA GONZALEZ

"I guess I'm the blame for all of this." I muttered. "The blame of what?" Sage asked.

"Their accident. If I would've never texted him while he was with her, this would've never happened. If I wouldn't have been fucking with Three still, it would've never happened. Including me being pregnant - "

"Mina stop putting the blame on yourself. You being pregnant has nothing to do with that." Sage said.

"It has a lot to do with it. My last baby died from me stressing myself out, and doing shit I wasn't suppose too. God gave me another chance, but look it's happening all over again. And that shows how selfish I am. I wasn't meant to have a baby Sage. I won't be able to give my baby a good life the way I'm living." I expressed myself to her.

"Last year, I was in the same position you're in now. Think back when I was about to take that pill. I had two choices. A new chapter of my life or my life filled with regrets. If I didn't have Kanari, I don't know where I'd be right now honestly. I wouldn't have nothing to live for. The most important person in my life is dead. Killing her would've been a mistake just because I want to be selfish, and think about myself." Sage told me.