CHAPTER TWELVE: THE LIES

— MINA GONZALES

"I'm done crying over him bro', she can have him. I don't give a fuck anymore. The fact I couldn't have my baby but this bitch can have hers." I sniffled, and wiped my eyes.

After Abuela cooked, we took our plates to go, and went back to the hotel. I couldn't stay over my dad's while feeling this way.

"Mina, it's gonna' be okay. And you never know if that bitch really pregnant. You will have your turn, maybe it wasn't meant to be for yall. " Audrey rubbed my shoulder. "Maybe it wasn't." I muttered. Sage slid the door open and came out on the balcony with a blanket.

"You okay?" She hugged me, I nodded my head. "You okay?" I asked her. "Yeah I am. I'm not worried about that bitch. She still gonna' have to see me. Pregnant or not. You dont make no threats about spitting on somebody chi -" She gotten cut off by her phone ringing.

"Hello?" She answered, putting Aunt Liv call on speaker. "Who the fuck is that trifling bitch saying she was gonna' spit on Kanari?! I dont play that shit, do I need to pull up?!" Aunt Liv yelled.

"Some thot claiming that she pregnant by Kentrell. I'm done with him. And I'm fighting her when I come back dont worry about it. I got her fix." Sage explained to her. "Yeah, I'm pissed off. Me and your mama both. Savannah going in on her too." Aunt Liv said.

"Damn I bet the whole Louisiana knows about this shit." She shook her head, and sighed. "But where you at? And where Kanari, I dont want her going back over Sherhonda house neither." Sage furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why? That's her grandma why not?" Sage asked. "She made a post and went live about it." After Aunt Liv said that, Sage immediately went to Instagram, I did too.

We watched her live, and listened closely. "Aint nobody worried about that little girl. Kentrell only has 4 kids. Kamron, Kamiri, Kayden, and Taylin. Those are his only kids I dont know about Sage's daughter, we definitely need a DNA test on that one. She don't look like none of her brothers or her daddy." I heard Sherhonda say.

"Yeah cause ole girl ain't talking about me. Everybody and they daddy know my two are by him. So she must be talking about Sage." Starr protested. Sage cut the video off. "Aunt Liv, Ima' call you back." Sage hurried up and hung up the phone with her.

She walked back in the room. We looked back at her. "Sage, what chu' doing?" She put on her hoodie, zipped it up, and grabbed the keys. "About to buy a fucking DNA test, I'm tired of people shit!" She yelled.

After she yelled, I heard crying. She looked down at her monitor in her hand.

"Let me go get my baby. I just laid her down. Now she screaming and crying." She said, before running out the room. "How did she ?- " Audrey asked.

"Baby Cam." I answered. "Oh.. Smart." She mumbled. I plopped down on my bed, and sighed. "I'm ready to go home."

"Me too." Audrey said, agreeing with me.

2 Weeks Later..
Back In Baton Rouge 🤪

— SAGE ANDERSON

Today was the day, I was getting the test results back. As soon as we came back from LA, I went straight to the DNA testing center. I wanted the results mailed to me. Kentrell went too, with Starr. They say it take 10-14 days to get the test back, and Ive been doing a count down since.

But the mailman still hasn't came yet. "Sage!" Mina called. "Yeah?!" I answered her. "Where you at?" She inquired. "In the living room by the window."

"Damn you been sitting at that window for an hour." Mina said, coming down the stairs holding Kanari. "Yeah, waiting on these results. I'm not doing no playing. Ima show Kentrell first then Ima' go live." Mina shook her head and laughed.