CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: GROWING UP

— MINA GONZALEZ

"Ion know why you tryna' get an apartment when you can move in with me." Three said.

I've been searching for an apartment for the past two weeks. And I finally found one, and Three was taking me to see it. I could've went by myself but I enjoy having someone's company.

"Three for one that's gonna' cause too much drama. And I don't have time for that anymore. I'm getting older, and I'm having a baby so I need to wake up and face reality."

"You told Sage you was gonna' move out yet?" Three asked. "No I'm not gonna' tell her until I get the apartment."

"You'on know when you gonna' get the apartment or if you do. Otherwise you can live with me until it's time." I shook my head, and rubbed my temples.

I didn't say anything else to him after that. He need to support my idea of getting an apartment. I know Sage doesn't mind me living there but with another baby? And we live in a three bedroom house. I know she gonna' be like let's get a bigger house but I wanna' get my own place.

We been tight like sisters and I know that it's gonna' hurt her in some type of way that I want to move out. I remember when she first got the house, I was living with my mom, but she told me to move in there with her.

And I did. I love living with Sage but I just gotta' get my own place. "This it right hea'?" I looked up, it was the apartments. "Yep." He parked his car. I took my seat belt.

"If ion like it you ain't getting it." Three said. "Boy you got your own place. You're not gonna' live with me. And if I like it, I'm getting it."

"Don't correct me. I meant that shit Mina." He said sternly. "Three you have two kids, and Mina isn't one of them." I pointed out.

I was about to walk up the stairs, but Three stopped. He had his phone in his hand. "What? Mane I can't understand what chu' saying." He held it up to his ear. I already know what that meant, every time he do that dramatic shit, it be Unique.

"I'm on my way." He hung up the phone. "Come on we about to go get Unique." Three told me. "Oh hell fuck no. I'm not sitting in the car with her. I'll get Sage to pick me up." I waved him off, and continued going to the office.

I don't got time to argue or fight. I'm retired FOR NOW. Got 6 and a half more months to go. I walked in the office, and the lady took me to go look inside an apartment.

It was a 2 bedroom, just what I needed. After that she interviewed me. After that was done, she told me she'll call when another 2 bedroom is available.

I told her I hope so because I need it ASAP. I walked out the office back into the parking lot. I FaceTimed Sage. I would call but I'm extra. "Yes Mimi?" Sage answered the call. She was in her car.

"Where you going?" I asked her curiously. "To Savannah house. And where you at?" She asked.

I looked back at the office. I had to make a lie, I didn't want her to find out yet. "I was over Jaliyah sister house, but I left. Ole girl didn't have no car, and I got dropped off."

"Let me guess you need me to pick you up?" I nodded my head. "Please." I batted my eyelashes, and poked my bottom lip out.

She laughed, "Okay, which apartments?" She asked. "Indigo Park."

"Indigo Park.. I remember those apartments. And it's funny how I just passed those apartments, but I'm turning around now." She said.

"Where was you coming from?"

"A friend house." I furrowed my eyebrows looking at her. "NO. Not that kind of friend. And you know I am fully committed in a relationship with Kentrell." She pointed out.