CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: A "DATE" TO REMEMBER

— SAGE ANDERSON

"You like this dress?" I asked Kentrell on the phone.

I was in the mirror showing him

I was in the mirror showing him. "Take that shit off. It's too short." Kentrell demanded. "Kentrell you're not my daddy. I can wear what I want."

"But I'm yours at night. Stop fucking playing wit' me." Kentrell pointed at the camera. "Stop cussing around my baby. But guess what though?"

"What? You taking that dress off?" Kentrell asked. I smacked my lips, "No, but I met my siblings today."

"You like em'?" Kentrell asked. "Yeah but not my dads wife daughter Taylor. That bitch.. I can tell ima have problems with her but other two I like them."

Kentrell laughed after I said that. "Can't say that bout' yo' sister." Kentrell chuckled.

"We related by law. I don't have to claim her. But other than her I'm honestly glad I gave my dad and having more siblings another chance."

I blinked my eyes realizing Kentrell didn't respond back, i heard a bunch of shuffling. "Kentrell?" I called his name.

"What?" He asked, "What are you doing?" I furrowed my eyebrows and looked on my phone. "Why you looking like that?" Kentrell chortled.

"Akikiki nigga What are you doing?" I said seriously. I heard him and Kanari laughing. I shook my head smiling.

"Listen to her laugh." My baby's laugh is hilarious. She make you laugh with her. "Say dada." I heard Kentrell say.

"Uh Uh Kentrell. That's cheating. And why she not dressed yet?" He fully dressed and she only in her onesie with socks.

"It ain't nun' to put her clothes on. Ima' send you pictures of ha' outfit when I finish getting her dressed." Kentrell said.

"Alright while you're getting her dressed, Ima' finish getting dressed." I told Kentrell. "Ight call me when you leave out." He said.

"Okay. And don't forget to send me her pictures."

"Im not." "Alright bye." I hung up on him. I looked at the time it was 2:25 PM. I got up, and grabbed my heels out the closet.

I picked up the ones I never wore yet. I looked at them, and smiled. I remember trying them on while I was 9 months pregnant with Kanari.

It was a struggle. How swollen my feet were, I couldn't barely put them on. Kentrell laughed and told me I had some fat ass feet, but didn't want to rub them for me.

I put on my heels. After I put them on, I grabbed my phone, and my keys. I walked downstairs, as I walked down, Kentrell sent me a message.

He sent the address, and Kanari pictures.