CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: IT'S OVER

— KENTRELL GAULDEN | NBA YOUNGBOY

It's been almost two hours since Sage left. I know it doesnt take that long to get some clothes. I called her phone, and that shit went to voicemail. I called Three to see what's going on. He told me he'll tell me when they get to the hospital.

I waited about 20 minutes for them to get here. I was about to call again until they walked in my room. "Before you say anything.. They got her." Mina said.

"Who is they?" I inquired. "Sage was kidnapped." Three said. "What chu' mean she was kidnapped?!"

"She was kidnapped. We pulled up to the house to find Audrey trying to light the house up. She told us everything." Three explained.

I sat up and took the electrodes off of me. "Nigga what chu' doing?" KD asked. "It was a set up." I got off the bed. "Set up? How?" Joe inquired.

"Sage was suppose to go with Mina to get some clothes. Now yall telling me that she missing."

"Mina lost her phone. Somebody got ha' shit. Was probably texting Sage the whole time." Three said. "I was with Aunt Liv and them the whole time. I wouldn't dare set Sage up. That's on my unborn child." Mina said.

"But yall said Audrey was tryna' light they house up? I thought she was dead, what chall' seeing ghost?"

"Bring yo' ass in here." Ben called to her. She stepped inside the room, revealing herself. "Mane I cant even look at chu'. But we gone use you an advantage. Come on we out." I was about to walk out the room until they stopped me.

"Nigga you have on a gown. How you gone try and rescue ha' with that?" Boomer asked. "Just give me my pants and my jacket." KD tossed me my clothes.

I put on my jacket first, then my pants. After I put those on, I put on my shoes. We rushed out the hospital into the parking lot. As we were walking I saw something bright and shiny.

I picked it up, it was Sage's phone. Her bright ass mirror case. "What's that?" Audrey asked.

"Sage's phone."

"And you shouldn't be asking no questions witcho' opp ass." KD retorted. "Even though it was fucked up for what she did yall least she telling us everything." Mina said.

"She have no choice but too. Or she gone end up like them." Joe said. "Yall stop. But look we all gonna' have to separate for this plan to work." Mina implied.

"Fuck no, you know niggas don't split up. Not even on scary movies." KD said. "Exactly." Boomer agreed with him. "I agree ion think we should."

"It's smart that way. If we all go in there together, nine times out of ten, they're gonna' kill Sage. But if we split up.. Audrey already has their trust. She can easily pretend like she kidnapped me too. And yall come in on her signal. Yall do whatever yall want to the niggas that's probably in there." Mina explained.

"I was gonna' do some anyway. Aint nobody finna' get away with that shit."

"So where they at?" I asked Audrey. "In that abandoned high school." Audrey said. "Of course they'll go there. Niggas shoot in there."

"Exactly. But it's night time. Somebody could easily report shots were fired if we or yall do this fast enough." Audrey said.

"What chall' waiting on then?" Mina asked. We separated into two cars. Mina and Audrey was riding together, while we was in one car.

"Bruh yall really trust Audrey?" KD asked. "We have no choice but too at this point." Three shrugged his shoulders. "Ion know.. I just cant believe she alive. Been alive actually." Ben said.

"They knew to keep her alive. They was probably the ones who made her get into that accident. Think about it.. She had that evil ass nurse, was recovering from injuries, and then all of a sudden she dead. Put two and two together, they threatened her with her life if she wouldn't have sided with them. It all makes sense."

"But guess what that nurse was Ximena the whole time. She had to change her identity, cause how else she get to be a nurse?" KD said.

"You right."

"But are we following them or they follow us?" Boomer asked. "We following them." Three started the car up.

— MINA GONZALEZ

"Is that the high school?" I pointed at it as we drove up to it. "Yeah." Audrey nodded her head. "This better work Audrey." I said sternly. "It is trust me. Give me your gun." She had her hand out.

"For what?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Trust me Mina." I sighed and gave her the gun. "On my signal yall come in." Audrey told them.

She grabbed my arm, and it put behind my back as we walked inside. "Oh look.. Your surprise is here." I heard someone say. "Who is that?" I whispered to Audrey. "Ximena." Audrey whispered.

"Look who I found at they house." Audrey pushed me. I saw Sage tied up. "Oooh this gets exciting." Ximena clapped. "Now I get to kill the both of you." Ximena smiled.

"Audrey?" Sage called. She looked so confused. "Oh your favorite cousin switched sides. She switched immediately once I almost pulled the plug on her ass. You see Sage? Bitches aren't shit. Not even family." Ximena looked at Audrey, and smirk.

The look on Audrey's face I can tell Ximena hit a nerve. "So which one of yall bitches dying first?" Hazel asked. "Neither. Go!" Audrey shot at them. I ducked down and ran towards Sage.

I untied her from the chair rushing. I grabbed her hand, and we both hid behind a desk. "Where is everybody?!" She exclaimed. "They're coming. Audrey just gave them the signal."

The shootout died down. One of them emptied their clip. I looked under the desk. I saw blood. I heard one last gun shot. Sage and I held each other hand, keeping faith. "Sage and Mina!" Someone called.

We looked up from the desk slowly. It was Three, Kentrell, Boomer, KD, and yall know the rest of them. And I'm shockingly happy to see these niggas right now. I ran from the desk, into Three's arms.

"Boy you suppose to be at the hospital." Sage said. "He did the same shit Tupac did." I shook my head and laughed. We heard someone panted. We looked and it was Audrey. "You okay?"

"I wouldn't helped her with shit." KD scoffed. "Yeah I'm good." I helped her up. "You have a lot of explaining to do. What am I gonna' tell everybody about you being alive the whole time?" Sage asked her.

"I know.. But look out!" Audrey jumped in front of her. Saving Sage from the gun shot. She looked down at her hands, then she collapsed. Ximena ran out the room.

Sage and I kneeled down to her. "Yall better kill that bitch!" Sage yelled at them. "And no resurrections either!" I added. They ran after her. "I'm sorry Sage." Audrey coughed. She held Sage's hand.

"What are you sorry for?" Sage asked with tears in her eyes. "Everything." Audrey took her last breath. I covered my mouth, looking away, trying not to cry.

There was gun shots outside. A few minutes later, the boys came back. "Is she dead?" Sage looked up at them. They nodded their heads. "Good." She sniffled, then stood up. She wiped her eyes, and her face.

"Not so face

We walked outside. "No more drama. It's over.."

"Yeah.." Sage agreed with me. We all can finally live our lives peacefully.. Its over.

Feedback?

It's over y'all. No more drama. 🙌🏽

—NAE 💋