CHAPTER FOUR: FAMILIAR FACE

— SAGE ANDERSON

The Following Wednesday...

"Mina, you think K might cuss me out, if I set rose petals and candles down his house?" I asked as we stroll down the ale at the grocery store.

It was just Mina, Kanari, and I. Audrey gotten sick, so she stayed back over our Aunt's.

"Ain't no telling. He'd probably would. What you doing? Tryna' get freaky? You need a babysitter tonightttt?" Mina smirked. I covered my face and laughed.

"Not tonight but Thursday. I wanna' do something special for him. I mean I am leaving for three days. I haven't been a whole 24 hours without him. And I might let Aunt Liv watch Kanari for me, but then again might not because I don't have time for Kentrell's mouth and ima' also miss my baby." I explained.

"Why you feel like Kentrell gonna' say something? I hope he know it takes two to have a baby. You can have your break, and have fun too. I don't know why niggas like trapping females. They think because you have a baby, you can sit your ass down. Tuh yeah right. And we all know that's what YB wants you to do. He was probably thinking while y'all was fucking like "Bitch you not leaving me so easily." And boom there's a baby." Mina explained, she was right, even though her impression of him is funny.

"Or his ass just don't know how to pull out." I assured her.

"True.. bu -" She was cut off by Kanari sneezing. "Bless you. And I hope you not catching no cold." She just blinked her eyes at me. Mina laughed.

I shook my head, I went to go reach for some candles, I felt one pushed in my hand. I scrunched my face up, then I looked up it was Rashad.

"Oh my gosh, Rashad it's been forever since I seen you. I forgot you worked here. Give me a hug nigga, a friendly one though." He smiled then came down from the steps, I waited til he came around the ale, he gave me a friendly hug, like I said.

"You still growing out your hair. I'll be surprised if you cut it." He still looked the same, ain't nothing changed.

"Fuck no, I'm not cutting off my hair. Not if it get too long. And damn last time I seen you, you had a baby bump, where the baby at?" Rashad asked.

"She's right there, in her hammock in the cart." I pointed towards her, as we walked over towards the cart.

(Yes you can put a baby hammock in a shopping cart Incase you're shopping with your baby 🙂)

"How old is she now?" Rashad asked. "5 months. I can't believe it though. She about to be 1 soon. And Rashad this is my best friend, Mina. Mina this is my college buddy Well was, I'm still taking online courses." I introduced them to each other.

"Hey." Mina waved, "Wassup." He said then he gave her a head nod. "I'm surprised you didn't see my post, you would've been seen her." He smacked his lips and looked at me.

"Last time I was on yo' instagram, all yo' pictures was deleted. You be anti now and days." Mina started laughing. "Too busy being a mommy, school, and -" Mina cut me off.

"Being a housewife." I scowled at her. "I am not being a housewife. I have my own house." I corrected her. "Mhm. I hear you." Mina waved me off.