CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: ANOTHER BABY?

— KENTRELL GAULDEN | NBA YOUNGBOY

"Where my girl at?" I looked through the crowd I didn't see her. "She probably at the front! Aye yall let's go!"

I looked again, just to make sure. Cause I wasn't bout' to leave without my girl. But I finally walked outside, there she was. She didn't hesitate running into my arms. "You okay?" She held my face, checking me. "Yeah I'm good."

"Yall let's go!" Montana yelled. We ran towards the truck, and hopped inside. "Who the fuck was them niggas? They lucky I left my gun at the house." Joe said.

"Baby you okay?" Joe's girlfriend tried to touch him. "Nah I aint okay." He snatched from her. "Even though I'm hella' mad I'm glad we all made it out safely." Mina said.

"How the shit started?" Montana asked. "It all started when Lani and I was at the mall. He walked up to us, he kept wanting to talk to me. I dead that shit all the way. It was Lani the whole time talking to him. He wouldn't have known my name if it wasn't for Lani. And tonight at the bar, he saw me. He walked up to me, trying to talk to me. I told him that I have a boyfriend, and as soon as I tried to get up and walk away, this nigga grabs my wrist."

"Thirsty ass nigga." Ben scoffed. "Cant wait till I see them again."

"No, you're not going to see them again. Kentrell you should be lucky we left before the police was called." Sage said.

"We all should be. We got kids to think about, cant keep dealing with that bullshit." Mina said. "You right we do have kids to think about. It's time for us to grow up. We cant go out here and be reckless anymore, even though we're still young. Cause it all reflects on our children." Sage said.

"Yall only saying this cause it wasn't yall this time." KD snickered. "No, we saying it in general. We shouldn't get into no fights unless we have too." Sage implied.

"I agree." Mina agreed with her hand raised. "Put cho' hand down, you don't agree on shit. You not fighting until my baby is born." Three said.

"I'll fight you until the baby is born. And I don't care about your leg either." Mina retorted. "You gone care about this third leg, don't act like you'on know." Three countered.

"Eww didn't need nobody need to know that." Sage said, making a disgusted look. "Exactly nasty bitch." KD slapped the back of Three's neck.

Montana took us back to my house, where all the cars were at. Everybody left, so it was just me and Sage chilling on the couch.

"You right about growing up." I told her. "And I'm right because?" She asked. "We do have ta' grow up. We all do. Cant let our anger take over our actions. But fight when we have too."

She looked at me with her eyebrows raised. "You mean that?" She asked. I nodded my head. "Everything I do reflects on my kids. They can look up shit about me on the internet. Easily. Anybody can put dirt on my name, and they can see it just like that."

"Just think about them before you do something." Sage said. "I will. Ima' change. And Ima' prove to you."

"How you're gonna' do that?" She raised her eyebrows again. "You'll see." I smiled. She don't even know what I have in plan for us.

"I guess." She laughed lowly. "But let's go make baby number 5.. And then later number 6." I picked her up and put her on my shoulder. "Boy that's two more kids! What happened to no more babies?" Sage exclaimed.

"So? We gone have be a big family anyway."

"So we can be on 19 and kids and counting?" She asked. "Yup except it's gone be called famous with 19 kids and counting." I walked upstairs into my room.