CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: MISSING IN ACTION

— MINA GONZALEZ

"I'm so mad right now.." I shook my head. "Why?" Aunt Liv asked. "I left my phone at that building."

"Have yall talked to Sage?" Aunt Liv asked. "No."

"When the last time yall spoke to Sage since we left the hospital?" Montana asked. "Since the shooting really. I needa' call her and see if she at the house. KD let me see your phone."

He looked at me from his phone and scoffed. I smacked my lips and threw a pillow at him. This time he didn't have his glasses on. "Mina now you know that wasn't nice. Apologize." Aunt Liv said.

I smacked my lips, "I'm sorry Kelldrick."

"I aint accepting it, it ain't sincere enough." I was about to smack him, but Three sat me back down. KD just laughed. I swear I cant wait till we leave. "I tried calling Sage but her phone went to voicemail." Boomer said.

"What? Maybe her phone died.. Let's ride to the house and see if she there." I implied. "Yeah let's go do that. Aunt Liv we'll be back." I looked at her, she was rocking Kanari.

"Ima' watch Kanari while yall go. Yall be safe!" She said before we left. "We will." I closed the door behind me. "I feel so bad my baby had to go through that. She wouldn't stop crying until we got here."

"Ima' kill whoever did that. I swear ta' God its up when I find out who did it." Joe said. The boys was agreeing with him, "No. Yall niggas not doing none of that. Yall gone sit yall asses down." I pointed at every single one of them.

They didn't say nothing after that but looked at each other, and nodded they heads. I know they still plotting. My words don't mean shit, cause they hardheaded as fuck.

We got in the car, and drove to the house. There was no lights on but the door sitting wide open. "Aye you think Sage left the door open?" KD asked. "Fuck no. She never leaves the door open." I opened the door, and got out.

"Yall go first since yall strapped." I volunteered them. "Here." Three tossed me a gun as he got out. "What the hell? I cant shoot yet."

They shushed me, and crept up the porch. I was right behind them. "Two of yall go to the back." Montana said. KD and Boomer went to the back while we stayed at the front.

"Ima' turn on the light." Three whispered. "Wait!" I semi yelled / whispered. He flicked on the light, it was girl with all black, with a mask on, holding a gasoline jug.

This bitch tried to hurry up and pull out her gun. One of them shot her arm. "Really? Yall had to shoot the bitch before yall ask questions?"

"Shoot first then ask questions." Three said. "Oww! What the fuck!" The girl screeched holding her arm. She tried to hide behind the wall. "Girl come the fuck out. It's all of us against you."

"Never." She tried to run out the back door, but she backed up. "Yeaaah you thought you was bout' ta' leave huh?" KD and Boomer walked inside pointing they gun at the girl.

I walked up to her, and snatched her mask off. "AUDREY?!" She had tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to do it. They were gonna' kill me if I didn't." She shook her head and cried.

Ben stepped in front, "Ben?" She looked at him. She tried to walk to him but he pointed his gun at her. "Don't touch me." He said coldly. She fell on the floor dramatically. "I'm so sorry. I swear I didn't mean it. Please forgive me."

"I told yall it was a inside fucking job." KD said. "Nigga you aint tell us shit." Joe disclaimed. I looked down at Audrey who was still crying.

"You got some fucking explaining to do. But first you're gonna' tell us where Sage is."

"That's if they didn't kill her already!" Audrey cried. "Who is they?!" I yelled. "Ximena and Hazel?." I scrunched my face up. "Jayceon's sister." Audrey sniffled.

"What the fuck? That bitch isn't dead? We saw her body and everything."

"Bulletproof vest. She knew yall was gonna' be after her. And she knew that you were listening to her that night at the hotel." Audrey coughed out. "She escaped the fire. Yall didn't stay long enough when yall started it." Audrey said.

"That bitch with the fucking scar! I knew she looked familiar!" Boomer proclaimed. "She followed us every fucking where! We needa' go to that hospital!" Ben implied.

"No! Yall need to get Aunt Marilyn." Audrey suggested. "Why we getting her?"

"She can stop Ximena from killing Sage." Audrey stated. "No fuck that, we bout' ta' make a plan." Joe said. "First she needa' tell us everything we need to know. Like where is Sage?"

"In that abandoned high school." Audrey breathed out. "Why you out of breath?" KD made a stank face at her.

"Yall shot me in the fucking arm!" She shouted. I went to the bathroom, and took out the first aid kit. I grabbed the scissors and cut off her sleeve. I looked at the wound, it was just a graze. I shook my head at her. She so dramatic.

I put some peroxide on it. She winced in pain. I put a bandage around her arm. "You good now?" I helped her up off the ground. Audrey nodded her head. "I still wouldn't have helped you." Boomer shook his head at her.

"Would've let her ass suffer." Ben said dreadfully. "Yall shut up! We are looking for Sage. Yall can deal with that shit later."

"This K calling now. Who the fuck gonna' explain ta' that Sage is missing?" Three looked at his phone. "Tell him instead of wasting of time!" I yelled.

"You yell at me again and see what happens." He said before he answered his phone. He walked away from us. "While he on the phone we needa' talk about this plan."

"Okay first.."

— SAGE ANDERSON

My conscious was coming back as I heard laughter. I blinked my eyes. I saw that same nurse with the scar on her face. "You remember me?" She asked.

"No." I scrunched my face up. "Take a guess.. Sister." She tilted her head, and said. My eyes widen, "You?! It was you! This whole time!" I tried to get up, but I couldn't move. She laughed in my face.

"Yall really thought yall could kill me.. The whole time I had a vest on. The only blood yall seen was the blood from my leg. And that fire? I escaped. I've been watching yall the whole time with the help of Hazel. She been wanting to get you since you testified against her own brother." Ximena said.

"My mother testified against him. And if I did? He deserves to rot in prison for what he did to my brother." Hazel was about to hit me but Ximena stopped her. I don't give a fuck how she feel I said what I said. "No no.. Remember she dying in the end. We just gotta' wait."

"And your mother? The bitch who gave me up to keep your sorry ass?" Ximena scoffed. "She didn't have no choice. She was forced to give you up."

"What?" She blinked her eyes. "She was forced to give you up."

"Lies. There's no fucking excuse. Tell Jahlil to hurry up. I'm ready to kill this bitch." Ximena told Hazel. "Bet." Hazel walked away.

"Aww Sister you're all alone. No boyfriend or no friends. Every single person in your life have turned their back on you. No one is coming to save you now." Ximena said before walking away.

I tried to pull my hand out from the rope. It wouldn't let me.

She must really think I have nobody. Little do she know Kentrell is still alive, and Mina and I are still friends. If anyone is gonna' die alone it's her, along with Hazel conniving ass.

I knew Jahlil seemed funny from the day I met him. He must've been in on it the whole time. He was probably the one who shot Kentrell. It was either him or his friend. They all have another thing coming.

Feedback?

Oop.. It's getting worse and worse. I swear I think I'm into drama. I should've took drama, and act with my fellow classmates 😂

But baby names? 👀

for THREE & MINA'S BABY: 💙💗

and throw in some more names.. (ps "K" names only.) 😉

— NAE