CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: THE PROPOSAL

3 WEEKS LATER..

— SAGE ANDERSON

"Sage why you looking like that?" Mina asked me. I was sitting at the table with my hands folded. "Kentrell keep playing with me. He hasn't answered his phone for 2 days. I don't know what's going on with him. I done called him multiple times." I got up from the table and paced around.

"He might've been busy." Mina shrugged her shoulders. "Nigga never too busy to answer my phone call. First it was me not seeing him for a week, now I cant talk to him? He got me fucked up."

Mina laughed, and shook her head. "Sound like me right now. But Three know not to play with me like that."

I called him again, it rung but yet again sent to voicemail. I shot him a text. He gonna' reply back telling me to come to this address." I scrunched my face up. Why would he want me to come to this address?

"You know anything about it?" I asked her. She shook her head no, and shrugged her shoulders. "Come on let's go. I'm not playing no games today." I put Kanari in her seat, and strapped her in.

Mina went back to her room to put her stuff on. She came back out. I grabbed my keys. "He gone explain himself today." I grabbed Kanari's seat, and went out the door.

"Sage what if this a public place? You cant cuss him out while people there." Mina said. "I don't give a fuck if it was global. He still gonna' hear my mouth."

"Oh Lord." Mina muttered, and shook her head.

I drove to the address, and it was a lot of cars there. He probably doing a photoshoot or a event. It kind of look like a restaurant or a venue. I don't know what the hell it was. He still gonna' hear me.

I took Kanari out her carseat. "Sage you really gonna' look like a baby mama walking up in there yelling." Mina laughed. I smacked my lips, and flicked her off.

I swung the door open. "Kentrell!" I yelled out his name. Everybody turned around, and looked at me. I seen everybody I knew, which was family. His and mine.

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking. What is this? I finally saw Kentrell, I was about to walk up to him but Mina stopped me. "Here let me take Kanari for you incase you beat his ass." Mina laughed. I gave her to Kanari.

After I gave her Kanari, I walked up to Kentrell. "Kentrell what is all of this?" I asked him. He was looking so sexy in his tuxedo. What am I saying? I should be mad at this nigga.

"Some' I've been waiting to do fa' a long time." He smiled. "This is what you've been avoiding me for? I haven't seen you in a week, and I'm just now talking to you. You cant expect me to be - " I cut myself off by gasping as I watched him get on his one knee.

He grabbed my hand. "Kentrell what are you doing?" I asked him. "A nigga at lost fa' words right na'." Kentrell chuckled, then he looked up at me from his knee.

I laughed at little, then I looked down into his eyes. It was a small circle surrounding us by the people we loved and cared about.

"Nigga speak up, we ain't got all day." I heard KD say. "Shut up KD." Everyone exclaimed then looked back at us.

"But you.. You been holdin' it down fa' me. You always there when I need you." He licked his lips and said. "Kentrell what are you trying to say?" I giggled.

"What I'm tryna' say is.. Are we in this shit till death do us part?" My eyes widen, I gasped, when he pulled the ring out.

"Will you marry me, Sage?" Kentrell asked. Tears streamed down my face.