CHAPTER SIXTEEN: REKINDLING

— MINA GONZALES

After Sage dropped all of us off, I called Roderick, letting him know that we need to talk and it's important.

About 20 minutes later, he showed up. "So wassup? What we need ta' talk about that's so important?" He asked.

Mina don't hold off just tell this nigga.. "I- I'm pregnant." I stuttered. He was speechless, I showed him my pregnancy test too. After a moment of silence, he pulled into a tight hug.

I furrowed my eyebrows, and looked at him sideways. This nigga happy? "You're happy?" I asked. "Yeah I am, you not happy?" He asked me, pulling away.

"I don't know.. I want to be." I stepped back, looking down. "Oh about Audrey right?" He muttered, I nodded my head.

"How's Ben?" I inquired, "He not - He not taking it too well. And he broke up with his girlfriend." Three said.

"His girlfriend? Who was his girlfriend?" I inquired, "This girl Andrea. He blames it on himself why Audrey died. But he really blame it on Andrea." Three explained to me.

"Why though?" I asked, "Because Audrey and Andrea gotten into an argument and almost fought each other over him. After he broke it up, Audrey left and I guess that's when she gotten into that car accident." I gasped after he said that.

"Oh my God... I really feel bad now.." I felt the tears forming. I wiped eyes quick. I feel like a punk crying, but this was just terrible.

"But who is Andrea? And is she a problem? Why did Drey never came to us about her?" I inquired.

"Ben said, Audrey was like bitch I just met you telling you all my shit, so I think she just found out about her when she went up there." Three said. I shook my head.

"And I always tell them both stop being friendly to these bitches!" I exclaimed, getting on my phone. "What you doing?" Three asked.

"About to call Sage!" I called her and she didn't pick up, it rung straight to voicemail. "Now she not picking up her phone." I paced around, calling her.

"She might be doing something." Three implied. "Oh really? What could Sage possibly be doing?" I asked sarcastically. He didn't say anything but shrugged his shoulders.

— SAGE ANDERSON

"Kentrellll I'm bout to cummm!" I moaned loudly on accident. He covered my mouth, and somebody knocked on the door. "Sage!" "YB!" We both stopped, and my eyes got big. "Oh shit." We said in unison.

See.. about that.. Let me rewind you to the beginning:

"Savannah, I want my nephew tomorrow!" I called after her, as she got out the car. "Okay, and he misses you too!" I smiled, "Aww. Tell em' I miss him back, and call me!" I said then I pulled off.

"April, you going to your shop?" She shook her head no. "Girl no, I'm going home, I closed the shop for the day." April said, "You did? Um.. you think you gonna' be open tomorrow? I need some' new." She started laughing after I said that.

"Yeah Sage." She laughed. "Who you tryna' look cute for?" Mina inquired. "Girl probably her baby daddy." April said. I smacked my lips, and waved her off. "Nope, I ain't thinking bout' Kentrell." I said, lying.

"Sage, stop lying, we all know you want that boy back." Mina said. "It's okay buz, we already know." April agreed with Mina.

"Wait what? Did you just say buz?" I asked. "Yeah, we big B's ova' here." She threw up bloods. "Bitch I'm purple. Red and Blue mixed." Mina bust out laughing.