19

"Come here princess you shouldn't have to walk if you're hurt" Emerson says picking me up carrying me up the rest of the steps.

"How'd you know I was hurt?" I say with no emotion. "Katie told me on the way to get more drinks but by the looks of it, it doesn't look broken maybe sprained or something it only looks like a bit of swelling" I lean my head on his chest as he walks towards his room. "Why me Emerson, why do the bad things always happen to me?"I let a silent tear finally fall as I sighed.

"I don't know love, it'll get better" he says finally making it in, he set me down on the bed. "I'm gonna go get you some clothes any recommendations?" He asks me wiping my silent tears away. "Just a sports bra and shorts is fine" I say, I couldn't sleep with sweats, it was uncomfortable, no matter how cold it was I couldn't do it.

"I'll be back" he says walking down the hall. I sighed and let more tears fall silently, I wouldn't give Remington the satisfaction of hearing me cry. I laid back and set my hands on my stomach.

"Here you go love" Emerson says waking back in and shutting the door. He brought me a black sports bra and my nike spandex shorts.

I turned my back towards him and took off my shirt letting it fall to the ground next to me. "Oh my god why didn't I see that before" he says walking towards me. He touched my shoulder blades where I had self harm scars they were faded and not deep so they weren't as bad as some other people who had it worse than did would have them, which made it easy to cover up with makeup when I wore tank tops or bathing suits.

"I covered them with make up, it's okay Em there old don't worry" I say reaching my hand over my shoulder to hold his. His touch was light and it tickled.

"It doesn't matter if they're old babe, why are they there" he asked softly, I turned to face him " when I was 12, I had witnessed my dad beat my mother for the first time and I couldn't do anything about it, I knew he was hitting her before but I never saw it and I felt like shit, the fact that I was there but I was useless, the feeling got to much and I found razors in my bathroom, I chose my shoulder blades because it would be the easiest way to cover them up since I constantly wore t shirts, It was easy to cover but it was a bitch to sleep with" I said tears silently rolling down my cheek, I laughed at the last part, remembering the way they itched after a while and the urge to do it more just to feel something other than emotional pain for just a second it all seemed like a good idea in the moment.

That is until my mother started to find blood on my shirts from when they would open at school or if I would scratch them when they itched. I stopped for a while then picked up the habit again and then I met the boys and they gave me a reason to stop because I wanted to be better for them.

"I'm sorry I didnt know" he said "it's okay only Rem knows , other people just think that he made them" I chuckle. My tears were still flowing, my chest ached so bad that it physically hurt.

"Look at me" he says pulling my face up by my chin making me look at his eyes.

"You're not useless, not to me, or Seb, or even my piece of shit brother that won you before I did, you're a beautiful young lady and you deserve the world okay" he whispers. I look at him and scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion. "What do you mean he won me before you did" I ask quietly.

"It means that I fell in love with my best friend" he says tucking some of my hair behind my ears. It hurt when he said that i could hear pain in his voice "but I fell in love with Him instead" i say choking on my words.

How I could I not know that Emerson liked me more than a friend, this whole time I've been hurting him, walking around flaunting Remington like he was a trophy, telling Emerson how much he made me happy, only to realize that I was hurting Him in the process. I chocked in a sob and I hugged Emerson hard. "Why didn't you tell me" I whimper "why didn't you tell me that I was hurting you by being with Rem" I looked up at his eyes "because you were happy and I couldn't take that away from you" he says wiping my tears away.