51

Emerson went home around midnight and Katie was fast asleep in her room, just how I should've been in mine but here I am at three in the morning watching tv on my couch while drinking Dr.Pepper and eating hot Cheetos with a blanket draped over my shoulders.

I'm rewatching the originals when I hear my phone buzz.

I look down at the screen and my heart just about leaps out of my chest as I reach to pick it up "mommy" I smile "oh baby you're awake" she laughs "can't sleep again?"

"Yea roughy day, what are you doing?" I laugh "we haven't talked in while" I bite my lip and wait for her response "just getting ready for bed, I met someone" I hear the happiness in her voice and it makes my smile widen "really? That's great"

"How are you Remington" she teases "oh um, were not....we're not together anymore" I say quietly, "it was a mutual thing" lie "we decided it'd be best that we stay friends after all" lie.

"Oh I'm sorry" she pauses "but I'm glad you're still friends though"

"You Remember Luke right? I met him at aunt Jessie's that one summer"

"Oh yea, Maddie's friend right?"

"He's my boyfriend" I tell her "I haven't really had the time to call and update you on what's been going on but um, I guess nows better than never" I pick at a loose string on my leggings.

"What is it, what's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant" I blurt out "I was scared at first and I still kind of am but if you could've saw how excited he was tonight you would've laughed" I chuckle "he shouted to the entire bar that he was having a baby but he wasn't the mom" I tell her "he's not brightest sometimes but I love him, and it may not exactly be what me and Rem had but I really love him and I think we're going to be okay"

"So is my grandbaby going to have an accent too or what?" She teases me, her voice a bit shaky.

"I'm hoping" I laugh "I'm happy for you baby" she says "I already know he's going to be a great dad, he's already so good to me and his mom, I can only imagine what he'll be like with his own baby"

"I'm glad to hear that" she pauses for a second "Oh crap I have to go my phone is going to die" she rushes out "okay, I love you" I chuckle "love you too good night" the line goes dead and I put my phone down.

I decide to get up and get some fresh air. Taking my blanket with me I head out to our front porch and sit on the top step just as a familiar bike pulls up outside of my house.

My stomachs drops and I pull my blanket tighter around me "can't sleep?" He asks "I never can" I shrug "why are you at my house at three in the morning?"

"Why are you outside at three in the morning?" He retorts pulling his leather jacket off "fresh air" I wave my hand around "well I'm locked out because I got home late, so I figured you'd be open to letting me crash on the couch" he sits next to me and ruffles his hair "why is your hair so flat today" I laugh.

"I was too lazy to spike it up" Remington bumps me with his shoulder and I shake my head in amusement "so what's the real reason you can't sleep?" He scoots closer to me and I scoot away slightly "I don't want to talk about it right now" I mumble "I'm not ready for you to be mad at me, or see you sad for that matter"

"Why would I be mad?"

"Because I did something that I shouldn't have but I don't have the heart to do what most people would at my age, please just drop it for tonight" I say quietly "I'm not ready for tears or yelling or anything that happens when we argue"

"Aislin what the fuck did you do?" He asks sounding worried.

"Rem please just drop it, I'm not ready to tell you yet. Emerson said he'd be here when I told you and I don't want to say anything without him here because you scare me when you're mad"