42

"Are you still mad at me?" I ask Luke, he was sitting across the couch from me at my house "no just upset" he mumbles.

For the past two weeks the guilt of letting Remington stay the night with me after I kissed him in the hospital was eating me alive and I finally fessed up to Luke today.

He took it okay but I knew it bothered him, I knew I deserved way worse than him not talking to me but I hated that I couldn't hear him laugh.

"That's just as bad!" I whine "well how do you want me act? You just told me you kissed him and let him sleep with you instead of me" he throws his hands up, he didn't shout or raise his voice and I appreciated that.

"Will you at least sit with me?" I pout, he doesn't even look at me "Luuuke" I drag out his name sounding like a child "pwease?" I try.

He looks at me and cracks a smile opening his arms "fine" he gives in and I jump off the couch and straddle him hugging him tight.

"Thank you! thank you! thank you!" I mumble into his neck, he chuckles "I hate that I can't be mad at you" he says.

I pull back a bit "I promise I'll never do something stupid like that again" I peck his lips "I put it on my life"

"Please don't" he whispers cupping my face and rubbing his thumbs along my cheek bones "I think I waited long enough to have you" he presses a brief kiss against my lips "I don't want to lose you yet"

I tighten my arms around his neck and burry my face in it "I'm not leaving you anytime soon okay?" I mumble "I'm sorry if I made you feel that way and I'm sorry for kissing him I shouldn't have done it" I kiss his shoulder and rest my cheek against it closing my eyes.

"I can't believe you're leaving in four months" I mumble "it sucks" I add "I know little one but I'll only be gone for a short time" he says.

"I know, but I'll miss you" I sigh "and your cuddles" his hands rest on my hips and he presses a brief kiss to my exposed shoulder "come with me then" he says out of nowhere "what?" I had to make sure I heard right "come with me, so you won't be lonely" he repeats "you get your cast off in September right?" He asks "I think so why?" I look him in the eyes "cause then we won't have to come back to get it off and you'll be more comfortable on the bus, that's if you agree of course" he sounds worried about my answer.

"I mean I have to talk to Katie about it but are you sure you want me to? I don't want you to get tired of me being there all the time" "I could never get tired of you little one" he reassures "and I'm pretty sure you don't need Katie's permission" he chuckles.

"Well I- she- ugh okay" I give in "I guess I'm going" he smiles at me "good, I don't know I would've done if you rejected my offer. I probably would've had to kidnap you" he jokes "Oh really where would you put me?" I roll my eyes playfully "in a suitcase, you're so small there'd probably be enough room for two of you" I gasp "jerk I'm not that small" I smack his shoulder and he laughs.

His laugh was one of the best laughs out there and it made me smile "you're right, your ass is pretty big" he winks "shut up" I let my head fall in his chest so I could hide my now rosey cheeks "do you want food?" I ask trying to change the subject "you read my mind baby" he pats my thigh and I get off of him so we can both stand up "how's Chinese?"

"Sounds good" he grabs his car keys "what are you doing I was gonna order it" I laugh "oh" he sets them down "that sounds good too" he follows me into the kitchen where I left my phone.

I pick it up and dial the number. It took me twenty minutes to explain to the guy what we wanted because every time he repeated my order back to me he had either missed something or had gotten it wrong. Luke stood laughing at me the whole time, he shoved his fist in his mouth to try and silence himself after I told him to be quiet so many times.