26

We ended up at a cute little diner we came across on the road. Remington was using the bathroom right now while I waited at the table.

I heard my phone go off so I picked up.

"Hello?" I didn't check the caller ID

"Hey bitch" it was Katie.

"What's up I haven't heard from you in a while and you haven't answered me, we have to catch up on a lot" I laugh

"I know I forgot to pay my phone bill and was wondering why you haven't called, i was bored and I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out in a while"

"Oh I'm with Remington right now, he took me out to eat, he's in the bathroom right now " I say.

"Are you guys back together, how come I didn't know" she says

"No We're not together, we're friends and only friends, that's what we needed to catch up on" I say looking around, I saw Remington coming back.

"I have to go he's coming back I'll call you later, also Sebastian's at home right now if you wanna go hang with him, I think Maddie and Emerson went out"

"Ok cool have fun, I'll hang with boring as Sebastian I guess" she jokes.
"K love you bye" I hang up.

Remington sits down across from me. "who was that" he asks "Just Katie, she wanted to hang out but I told her we were out" I say.

"She could've came you shouldn't have to skip out on her because you're with me" he replies.

"It's okay she said she was gonna hang out with Sebastian, Emerson took Maddie out on a date" I tell him, wiggling my eyebrows at the mention of Emerson and Maddie's date.

"That's Nice" he says taking my hand in his "does this mean we're on a date too" he smiles. "I don't know you tell me, you're the one that brought me out, although I'm don't think I'm wearing date worthy clothes" I chuckle.

"I don't know, I think you look nice" he replies. The waitress finally reaches our table she looked around our age. "hi my names Annie what Can I get started for you?" She asks with a smile. "Um Can I get a dr.pepper and," I paused looking at the menu "I don't know,rem what are you getting?" I ask looking at him.

He smiles at her "she'll get a burger with a side of fries and I'll have a milkshake, I ate before we came, and actually can you also get her a another side of chicken strips" he says I look at him with my eyebrows raised. "I see You're not the type that orders her a salad," she chuckles "well she's not the salad type of girl" he replies with a toothy grin.

She leans down to me with a smile "he's a keeper" I give a small laugh. "Thanks, but he's my best friend" I tell her quietly "you should lock him down then, or someone is gonna try to take him from you" I look at Remington to find him typing on his phone unaware of the conversation that was going on in front of him.

"I'll take that into consideration" I tell her. "And In the burger can you put no onions please" I ask "of coarse I can , I hate onions too" she smiles. "I'll be back soon with your drinks" she smiles and walks away.

"I like her she's nice" I tell Remington as he locks his phone. "She is isn't she" he says, I nod "Emerson texted me and said he just took Maddie to a Chinese place and now they're going swimming" he informs me. "That's nice" I smile.

"Why did you order me so much food though" I laugh "You need to eat, you look three pounds skinnier than you usually are" he says I playfully glare at him "because you can totally tell when someone loses three pounds"I say sarcastically.

"I'm kidding but you seriously need to eat before you pass out on me, especially since it's getting hot out" he says.

"You know, I'm still my normal weight, I'm a good 110.4" i say proudly. "That's good, but I'm about to add like five pounds to that" he laughs " I'm good with that" I chuckle.