Chapter 4 - Well, if it isn't...

Dedicating this chapter to two of the most encouraging and supportive humans...Big shout out to gracieann22 and jessreddy. Your constant messages of encouragement and excitement over this book, fuels my pen. Thank you.

And a big thank you to the rest of you who vote, comment and follow. Without you, this story would be nothing.

I am humbled by the power of words and its ability of linking people from across the world!

Please do make yourself visible. I'd love to hear from you. Enjoy this chapter, my lovelies. xxx

Chapter 4

I pick my head up and focus on the figure looming above me.

Jack?...Jack!... Yep, it's definitely Jack Edwards. Riaan's friend from the engagement party...

Or rather, his arch rival? Or is it both? I'm not too sure what to call him. Or, what to make of finding him here on the same ship as me...

Well, this is a surprise. Fancy meeting him in the middle of no-where.

But the sharp blue eyes are unmistakable even in the subtle lighting.

Yep. It's Jack. Definitely, Jack...Quit saying that, silly...

Just...it's ...unexpected.

"Jack? Wow, Jack... it's you." I have no idea what more to say. It's all a shock and it's not like he's even a friend. We only met the one time.

"Layla, fancy bumping into you here. I thought as much it was you on stage just now. I could only see half your face, but there was no mistaking those beautiful brown eyes. I remember almost drowning in them the last time we met..."

Dammit! So the scarf is not much of a successful disguise.

God, is he a charmer. Drowning in my eyes!...Well, f#ck me...He makes these one liners sound so believable. NOT!

I grow hot at his words. He's just as devilish, and forthright as I remember him to be at Riaan's engagement party.

How to respond to his words?

I cringe at the thought of him having seen me in the skimpy blue costume on stage now.

God, let the ship sink now...

I hug my legs a bit tighter, forming a human shield against the piercing blue eyes that openly regard me.

"You were brilliant up there!...You both were."

His eyes move to Tina who is sitting next to me and looking in at this awkward exchange between the two of us.

I take this opportunity to deflect some of the uncomfortable attention that's on me.

"Thank you, Jack. Please meet my friend, Tina."

I introduce the two.

Jack reaches out an arm and grasps Tina's hand in greeting. The two exchange a few words, giving me the opportunity to recover somewhat from seeing Jack.

He is the last person I expected to see on this ship.

Didn't I already think that? Wow! Pull yourself together, god dammit!

I leave Tina to explain what we are doing aboard the Coral. I learn from their brief exchange that Jack is here with friends, male friends, he adds, as his eyes flicker over to me. They are on a last minute, mad bachelor party of sorts.