Chapter 61 - A Celebration

Chapter 61

The soft laughter of the other four women holed up in this hotel room, filters up to me.

I pour the chilled bubbly evenly into five fluted glasses. Damn, the champagne and wines at this particular wine estate-turned-boutique hotel is heavenly. I can't get enough of the stuff since arriving here two days ago.

Tina and Rahul's much anticipated wedding festivities have finally arrived.

All pre-wedding events are over. I've went through the motions of the dreaded dress rehearsal which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and the wine route picnic getting to know Tina's family was fantastic. Last night was the pre-wedding dinner which again, much to my surprise, was thoroughly enjoyable.

And now, finally, the grand day has arrived, the day Tina and Rahul tie the knot.

I have to say I'm really enjoying the celebrations so far. It's been an epic long weekend. Rahul and Tina have pulled out all the stops making sure that this event will be one to remember.

Their attention to detail is impressive. I'm pretty sure it's Rahul we have to thank for all the lavish attention to detail, but still, Tina and Rahul, in all their mismatch in personalities really make a great team.

I've loved the little gifts I've found on my pillow each and every night since getting here. And it's not just run of the mill complimentary chocolates and soaps, might I add.

No. They have really splashed out. Since arriving here, I've acquired a stash of gift vouchers from the bride and groom, for the purchasing of wines of my liking from this delicious wine estate, a post spa day voucher to treat myself at a later stage, and lastly an express mani voucher at my favorite nail bar.

That last one I know Tina got me. I will wait for her to get back from her honeymoon and we could go together. God knows, my nails need the attention!

Each night I come to my bed exhausted, only to find little gifts tucked away between the folds of some fancy 'origami-folded' towel, strewn with fresh rose petals and resembling cute swans, flowers and even an elephant as was the case last night. I really am enjoying the spoils, I must say.

I also thought the white waffle weave gown with my name and title of 'Maid of Honor' embroidered across the breast area in gold thread to be kind of a nifty idea.

Not to mention the personalized CD case containing both Rahul and Tina's favorite song selection. It's kind of kitschy but hell do I love it!

Yeah, we are all old school that way and love collecting CD's, so that was a really nice touch. It will be something to play on my car front loader while commuting to work. At least it will keep my mind off that irritating screech that has appeared lately when I turn the wheel on my second hand Mazda. Still, it's my car and mine alone that I pay for it from my very own salary, and I wouldn't want it any other way.  

Sips says my car needs rebalancing, or something like that, nothing serious. As long as Dhani's safe in it, I'm happy. Oh well, I'll get to it sometime next week.

All these pre-wedding spoils that Rahul and Tina put together are quite a nice touch, I must admit. I had thought it all too extravagant in the beginning but I must say all this attention to detail has made me feel special and has put everyone in the right mood for a wedding.

Who am I to grumble over the whims of two people in love? Tina and Rahul are shouting their love from the hilltops and if this is what makes them happy, then so be it.

Yes, I must say, everything thing is perfect...except for...except for...

No. I'm not going to think it. Not today. No, I refuse to continue torturing myself this way. It's six weeks since Riaan walked out of my apartment and out of my life. I've not heard from him since and I've somewhat made peace with the fact that he wants nothing more to do with me.