Chapter 25 - Not the Place for This

Chapter 25

I struggle against him, wanting to be as far away from him as I possibly can. I stand but he doesn't release my hand. Instead, he stands too and pulls me to him.

He wraps his hands around my wrists. I tug at them only for a bit before I and willing me to submit .

"Be still, Layla," he says. "Will you just calm down. It's not what I meant. You need to hear me. Just stop struggling".

But I'm not hearing anymore. I don't want to give him the opportunity to hurt me any longer. He's said enough. I can never match up to what he wants, what he needs.

Pinning my hands to my sides, his mouth crashes down on mine. It was the last thing I expected him to do, and catches me off guard.

His lips are warm and bruising, and so so familiar. A tingling sensation spreads through me immediately. My body comes alive.

My nipples instantly pebble against his chest, and a wetness rushes down and pools between my legs.

How is this reaction even possible. I'm mad at him.

Treacherous body!

Why is he torturing me like this? He knows how much I want him. He knows the effect he has on me.

The assault of his lips on mine is no match to my struggles against him. I've craved this so much. I protest only half-heartedly.

I lean into him, molding my own mouth to his. My mouth opens slightly and his teeth make small bites along my bottom lip, seeking entry into my mouth. I don't hesitate. I open for him, allowing his moist, warm tongue to slip inside my mouth.

Mint and coffee, that's what he tastes like.

God, I've misssed this. Missed him.

He releases my hands and grasps my hips, pulling me to him. I push my hips forward, grinding into him. I feel him harden against my thigh. Fuck, I missed feeling that part of him...

He groans with approval, pressing himself into the fabric of my jeans. The friction it causes is delicious.

I want him inside me. It's all I can think of. I tug at his hair. Our actions are frantic, seeking pleasure and release from each other.

I grasp him behind the neck, pushing my tongue further into his mouth. Our tongues collide, sucking and pulling.

I groan against his lips.

It's him that pulls away first. He rests his forehead on mine, breathing harshly.

"This isn't the place for this. We have an audience."

What! Where?

I look up and follow the direction of his eyes and see the painting of Mary, her eyes fixed on us.

I giggle. My head clears. We are in a church. Definitely not the place for this.

We pull apart but he doesn't release me.

"Now that you've stop struggling, I need to explain."

His voice is still harsh, and raspy, and sends little shivers down my back.

"Oh, is that why you kissed me? To silence me?"

I start pulling away from him once more.

"Well, it's the only thing I know to do that can get that smart mouth of yours to shut up."

He holds me in place and nips at the corner of my mouth, biting my bottom lip gently.

"You telling me to shut up, Mr Zietman?"

My face heats up. I'm sure I look a mess with flushed cheeks and tousled hair.

"I am," he says softly. "Just hear me out, okay?"

I don't move. I guess he takes that as an affirmation as he starts to speak.

"When I said sex is just sex to me and that it's never meant anything except to fulfill a need in me, I meant, until I met you. You never let me finish...Sex was just sex, until I met you, Layla. Something in me changed since our weekend together. You've changed me...Yes, the thought of sleeping with Stephanie did cross my mind. But when it came to doing it, I couldn't...All I could do was think about you. And then, when Dave told me you're with Jack on the ship...it broke me. Yes, I messed up...but you got to believe me when I say that I love you. Smart mouth and all, I love you."

My body sings at his words. He loves me, still wants me? Like I want him? But can we work? Still so many issues sit between us.

"There's still so much to speak about...But not here, not like this." His breath fans my face, and he pulls away from me.

I'm disappointed, but he is right.

I feel like I should respond to his confessions of love but I can't bring myself to say anything. There's too much information swimming around in my head. A part of me is still angry with him. I'm sure there's anger in him too at my actions. Will we be able to resolve them? I'm not sure.

"You should go back and rest. We can speak later."

He must see the puzzlement cross my face, because he steps closer, adjusting his body so that his heat and hardness sits between my legs.

Oh.

"Go, Layla. Before I lose myself in you again." He kisses the top of my forehead and releases me once more.

I cannot resist teasing him.

I close my eyes and step forward, wrapping my arms around him. I nuzzle into him. This time I'm brave enough to do this. I feel the familiarity this time. His arms embrace me instantly. I feel safe. Protected.

I missed him.

"You making this hard, aren't you? Like literally hard," he jokes, shoving his hips into me once more so that I'm reminded of his arousal.

I giggle at his silly joke. But I do pull away this time.

For now, we have reached a compromise and I'm happy with this. It's a start.

"I still have a few calls to make, things to do. I'll be back at the guesthouse later. We can eat together tonight. Talk some more. There's still lots to speak about. Sound good?"

I nod. I've turned to putty in his hands once more.

As I make my way to the guesthouse, my steps feel lighter. I feel rejuvenated, like the way people speak of a pilgrimage, a purging of the soul.

My mind feels lighter, my soul cleansed.

I need to dissect all of the information I've absorbed in the last two hour. So much to think about.

But the most pressing question pushes to the front demanding attention.

Yes, Riaan says he loves me, but am I enough? What happens when he grows bored of me and craves the lifestyle he's adopted? Am I enough to please him? Should I cave in, put aside my prejudices and become a part of what he likes. Can I even do that? Compromise on my values and enter into a polygamist relationship...can I? And can I expect Riaan to be sentenced to a life of monogamy when he craves something else.

Sometimes, loving someone isn't enough.

Good weekend my loves!!!

Please do vote, comment, recommend/share this book, if you are enjoying it. Thanks