Chapter 55 - Yoda Breaks the Ice

Song Credit- Chris Isaak, 'Wicked Game'

Chapter 55

The tequila has taken the edge off my shock. To say I got the fright of my life the moment I saw Riaan standing outside the car is an understatement. I practically jumped out of my skin, my body froze up and my mind blanked out.

Yes, the tequila helped. I can at last feel my body warm up after that initial shock of seeing Riaan. Good. I'm not dead...or dreaming.

I should not have agreed to talk to him. It's just going to bring up old memories I'd rather forget. But Maddox literally made that decision for me. All I wanted tonight was a bit of exertion, of the sexual kind, a bit of nookie to take off the edge. Is that too much to ask for a young, sexually deprived mother who hasn't had her rocks off in three years?

Maddox is a whimp for backing off. Another sad idiot to bow down to Riaan and succumb to his will. Given, the sight of Riaan standing outside the car fuming was terrifying, but still, Maddox should have at least stood his ground.

Guess a toss in the hay with me was just not worth the trouble...

Maybe, it was a good thing I saw that about Maddox though. The moment he backed down I lost all want for him. Who wants to sleep with someone so weak?

Riaan did me a favor by revealing this distasteful quality of Maddox's...Wait. What am I saying? Am I thanking Riaan?  I HATE RIAAN.

I need to concentrate on the present. There's plenty of time for reflection. Ten hours for reflection, actually, on my flight back home. It's just a matter of hours now.

I need to make it through this humiliating experience of listening to Riaan try and talk his way out of leaving. But my curiosity is piqued. I can't lie.

All I want to do is make it to my room and wash the makeup off my face and have a nice hot shower. The flowers in my hair feel heavy. I'm damn near ready to grab fists full and pull them out of my braid. Their scent is too overpowering.

As soon as I shower, I plan on doing nothing more than raiding the bar fridge before passing out. If I can't get laid tonight then at least I can get drunk.

If he even attempts at telling me that he missed me once mor, there's no telling how I'll react. I don't care if he misses me.

The clocks ticking. He better start talking.

"Well," I glare at him. I unhinge my arm from his firm grip and fold them across my chest.

Body language is everything and I hope I'm getting my message across that I want nothing to do with him.

I see him gulp down some air. So unusual to see Riaan flustered. Good. I've unnerved him.

His Adam's Apple bobs up, and then down again. God...I kissed that part of him once...nibbled and sucked him there, while he groaned out my name...

I clench my legs together. Dammit. Why did Maddox leave? God...I'm so pathetic. I'm still raging red with a burning need.

Am I a sex addict? No, what a stupid thought...you need to be having sex to be a sex addict. I definitely don't fit that description...No. It's just hormones.

I'm better than this. I created this expectation in me for tonight and now my body is just responding to that. It's nothing more. By tomorrow I'll be back to normal.

Besides, it's normal to feel a bit randy from time to time. If I didn't, I should be concerned.  It's just a bodily function.

I clench my thighs a little harder and look intently at his face as he starts talking.