Chapter 15 - Betrayal

Totally, obsessing over Turkish DJ, Mahmut Orhan's music. Go check it out!

Chapter 15

"Jack, we really can't stay long. Besides, I don't feel too good...I think Tina and I will call it a night..."

"Nonsense! You just got here. And you look absolutely delicious, not sick at all," Jack says, lifting an eyebrow as his eyes sweep hotly over my body. The look he gives me makes me squirm. He still has his hands around me and my skin prickles.

"You did get all dressed up, so stay for a bit. Have a drink and some appetizers, at least. You can leave in an hour...Here, let me grab you both some champagne. It's really good stuff. Top of the range chilled champagne coming up!"

With that he turns and goes to fetch us drinks. I scoff at the thought of expensive champagne making this party any less cheap.

There are men all around us, laughing loudly and doing stupid things like bodyshots off the women and high-fiving each other like complete idiots.

I turn to Tina.

"We need to leave," I say to her. "One drink and we leave. No splitting up. We stay together."

Tina nods. I follow her eyes to see what's got her attention. There's a 'couple' in a serious make-out session in one corner of the room. As the guy fondles the girl/woman his eyes are fixed on Tina, as if to say, 'come jump right on in'.

Ewww!

"Tina!", I shout. "Snap out of it!"

I snap my fingers in front of her gaze forcing her to look at me.

"Geez, that's intense, La...I've been to some really freaky parties but nothing like this. Do you think we've stepped dead in the middle of an actual... orgy? Like, where everyone's going to end up doing each other?"

Tina giggles at her own thought. She's more relaxed and comfortable in such awkward situations such at this one is now. She has street smarts, unlike me. I've had a somewhat sheltered upbringing and am always in shock at some of the stories she's told me.

"Well, we won't be here long enough to find out. One drink and we out of here."

"Yeah, of course, " she responds, fixing her eyes on the horny couple once more. Is it curiosity, or is this display turning her on?

I have no time to figure it out since Jack reappears with drinks in his hand.

Maybe in a few years we will laugh about tonight and this preposterous party. It will be a good story to reminisce about. I can just picture Tina and I chatting over a glass of red and then one of us will says, "Remember that night we got all dressed up and..."

Yes, it will be a good story to tell, but tonight is not that night. Tonight it just feels...creepy.

Jack's loud, excited voice cuts through my thoughts.

"One ice cold bubbly for Tina and, for you my love, a brandy on the rocks. I remember you enjoying this the night we cuddled on that couch."

He shrugs a shoulder in the direction of the couch we sat on that first night after dinner. It's littered now with bodies writhing about in a casual petting session.

And did he just refer to me as his love? My love! Cuddled? Is he delusional? What the f#ck's wrong with Jack?

He's acting like we're a couple and that he's known me for ages. We need to talk. Like seriously talk and straighten things out now.