Chapter 49 - Hercules

Song Credit- 'Stay' by Rihanna (feat. Mikky Ekko)

Chapter 49

After scraping my heart off the gallery floor and following Maddox to his car, I went on to have one of the best days that I've had in a while.

Carefree. That's the only way to describe it.

I've been out with David several times but somehow those friendly hangouts (I refuse to call them dates) had too many lingering and unanswered questions hanging in the air between us. It was too tense. I simply could not, still can not, totally relax in his company.

And after meeting Maddox, I'm wondering whether deepening my relationship with David and turning our friendship into something more is a wise thing to do.

Maddox made me realize just now in the gallery, that there are parts of me that are still alive. There's passion burning inside me that hasn't quite been extinguished completely, like I had thought.

I mean, with Maddox there was an instant attraction. He got my body hot and my pulse racing within seconds of our meeting.

No. I'll have to think this through more carefully.

David deserves that toe-curling, shout-it-out-loud-from-the-roof-top kind of love. And why shouldn't I wish for the same? I'm still young. The fact that I had that briefly with Riaan does not mean I can't again.

Like Sips, Maddox is deathly charming. Everything he does turns into a work of art. From the way he rips open a sachet of salt to sprinkle over his fish and chips, to the way he slowly and tentively tastes the frothy head of a Guinness. Every movement and action he makes just seems perfect. It leaves me wishing that I was that morsel of fish being swallowed by his fat pink lips, or that dark, amber liquid being slowly sucked up into his mouth from his tall frosty glass.

My god, I've turned into a perv! I mean, the man is innocently enjoying a meal and here I am drooling over him and wanting to be his food.

Well, he's not entirely innocent. His eyes and actions hold so much meaning, so much hidden promises. He's playing this game and I'm not completely unaffected by it.

Those eyes, I could easily drown in them. And those fingers...the things those long, calloused fingers could do to my body...

Dammit! I've turned into one of those chauvinistic misfits that objectifies women and whom I so venomously detest. I see Maddox as nothing more than a sex machine, and I'm loving it.

And by God, am I horny. I've not drooled over anyone in a long time.

I squeeze my legs together every now and again in the hope of relieving the dull ache between my thighs. Well then, haven't done that in a while!

Damn...I knew I should have brought Hercules along with me on this trip.

Hercules is my rechargeable mini wand vibrator. I should have packed him.

Yeah, I'm a weirdo. I refer it as a 'him'. Sad, right? The vibrator is the closest thing I've had to an intimate relationship in over three years. Of course, I've turned a bit crazy from the lack of sex.

But what if I was stopped at customs? How would I have explained it's presence in my luggage? What if I was charged for...for possession of a weapon or something?...Given, it's bright pink and rubbery and without a detonator attached to it...but still, just the thought of being caught with it...I'd rather die.

And no, I did not name it. Hercules is the brand name. And yes, the irony of both Dhani and I having 'toys' named after Greek gods has not entirely escaped me. It just happened that way.