Chapter 48 - Mad Over Maddox

Chapter 48

Maddox is gorgeous. He could very easily be Sips twin.

Is there a particular look that all deejays subscribe to? Because I'm finding it hard to concentrate right now while his plump pink lips are moving? Yes, he's speaking. He's saying something, but I can't hear him.

Fuck. I need to concentrate.

It's been ages since I've been taken off guard like this by the loveliness of a man.

Maddox is beautiful. He's tall, and a bit more filled out and muscular than Sips. Does he work out? He's certainly built that way. His rich dark skin is smooth and flawless. He sports the same clean shaven head as Sips, along with that razor sharp goatee that makes him look a bit dangerous and rough. The tattoos that run up his arms are the final touch that make my knees quiver.

Fuck. He's hot.

An image of Maddox wrapping those broad tattoo covered arms around me briefly enters my mind.

My stomach clenches and relaxes.

Fuck.

What is wrong with me? How can I be so horny at the sight of a man I just met and barely know.

Well, almost three years of no sex could do that to you. Maybe this trip has awakened parts of me that have been asleep for years now. Being on my own, getting in touch with myself has certainly been good for my mind. But has it stirred the sex monster in me as well?

Get a grip, Layla.

"Layla, you okay? You seem...spaced out."

Oh god. He's caught me looking at him. How to recover from this embarrassment? Does he suspect that I was daydreaming about his naked body wrapped around mine? God, I hope not.

"I'm sorry...My minds... preoccupied... You were saying?"

I'm pretty sure my face is flushed.

I look at Maddox, hopefully with a dumb, innocent look plastered on my face.

Maddox smirks.

God, he knows. He probably gets tons of pathetic drooling looks like mine daily. He is a God. Too beautiful for this world.

"I was saying that Sips has sent me all of the material we needed weeks ago and that I'm set up and ready. He's also taken me through the routine so I have some idea of what's required. I brought my home camera...It will have to do. We can have a look and make adjustments once we go through the first take. That good with you?"

"Yes...yes that's...good with me. Shall we get started?"

What the freaking hell is happening to me? My voice is all over the place.

I clear my throat. And speak once more. This time I try to recover from the awful first impression I've made.

"It sounds like you have everything under control. Thanks Maddox. Shall I go change? We can get started in five minutes."

Yeah, that's as professional as I can sound at the moment. Nice going, Layla. The man's trying to help you and all you can think about is jumping all over him.

I disappear into the bathroom down the hall and quickly change into white gym tights and a crop top.

I take a moment to gather myself.

I stare at my reflection in the bathroom mirror.

I'm pretty, right? I'm attractive, and funny and interesting, right? ? I'm sincere and love unconditionally. Someone will love me again some day...Right?