Riker Imagine for Ashley: I could dance with you forever (A Proposal)

Ashley’s Point of View

“Ashleyyyyyy,” Riker said calling down the long hallway of our apartment. “Rikerrrrr,” I called back sweetly from our bedroom. “Where are you?” He asked, “In our bedroom, sweetie, why?” I asked him. “Are you ready to go?” He called to me. “I’m not sure what to wear, seeing as you aren’t telling me where we’re going!” He laughed, walking down the hallway to find me in my bathrobe standing in front of our closet. “I just wanted it to be a surprise!” He said, “To be honest, you look hot in what you’re wearing right now.” He smirked, kissing me sweetly and taking my hand. I smiled at him, “Thanks but I’m not going out in public like this,” I laughed.

He turned to my closet and looked through the dresses hanging up in color order. “I like this one,” He said, pulling out a light blue dress. “Put some heels with that and I can’t wait to show you off around town.” He smiled. I nodded, “Thank you, baby,” I said, kissing his cheek and pushing him away. He retreated back to the living room to continue whatever he was doing. I put on the dress and nude heels, grabbing a purse on my way out of our room. “I’m ready!” I said to him, going into the living room and doing a little spin for him. “You,” He said, standing up, “Are the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on,” I blushed a little at his compliment, “Thank you,” I looked him up and down, “I love that shirt on you,” I said, smoothing the collar over and giving him a kiss. “Are you ready?” He asked me, taking my hand excitedly. “As ready as I’ll ever be!” I said as he pulled me out the door.

“So,” I said, once we got in the car, “Now do you want to tell me where we’re going?” “The beach,” He said, simply. “You got me dressed up with heels to go to the beach?” I asked him, a bit disappointed. “Not exactly,” He said, stopping at a red light. “I’m not giving you all of the details,” He said sweetly. I nodded, “Okay, I trust you,” I said to him and he put his hand above my knee, “You should, babe, we’ve been together a year now!” He smiled. I smiled at the memory of meeting him. He looked at me for a minute, “Remember when your mom came home to you and said ‘Oh I have this friend that has a son that would be perfect for you!’?” I nodded, “I remember. I was so hesitant to meet you.” “You were,” He laughed, “I tried so hard and every time we saw each other you tried to leave.” “I still feel bad about that!” I said to him, “But I’m all yours now, isn’t that enough?” He smiled, “That’s more than enough,”

He pulled into a parking spot and walked me out to a pier, “Wow,” I said, “I didn’t even know this was here, baby, it’s beautiful,” we stood, watching the sun set in front of us and he put his arms around me and I let my head rest on his shoulder. “I love you, Ashley,” He said, kissing my cheek. “I love you too, Riker,” I smiled, turning around to kiss him. A slow guitar began to play, along with a silky voice begun singing some song I had never heard of. A few couples had gathered to dance on the pier near us and Riker turned to me, “May I have this dance?” I smiled, “Why, of course you may,” I said to him, taking his hand. We danced with my head on his shoulder until the son ended and the small band that had formed began to play a more upbeat song and we danced along with it also. The son ended and the singer came over the microphone, “We have a request that has been made for a special someone.” He said and Riker took my hand. “Ashley,” The man said and my head shot up, “Riker loves you very much,” He said and began playing the beginning of one of my favorite songs, A Thousand Years, by Christina Perri, a woman stepped from the back and sang. Riker pulled me closely, “You did this for me?” I said to him, “Of course,” He said, spinning me, “You’re my love bug,” I smiled, leaning in to kiss him softly. “I love you so much,” I said to him. “I love you so much too,” He smiled. The song ended and Riker looked me in the eyes, “Ashley, I love you so much, and even though you rejected me and didn’t want to talk to me then, you have made me so happy in the last year. You’re my best friend and my soul mate,” He said, “So,” He pulled something out of his pocket and stepped backwards, getting on one knee. I put my hands over my mouth speechless, “Ashley, would you do me the honor of being my wife?” I stood speechless, “Oh my god,” I said to him, “Yes!” I said, “A million times, yes!” He stood back up, pulling me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around him.

He pulled me away and set his lips on mine sweetly, taking my hands in his. “I love you so much,” I said. “I love you too,” He smiled, putting the ring on my finger. I heard the music begin to play again and people were clapping for us. I turned with almost a tear in my eye and smiled to everyone. He man and woman singing began to play Marry You by Bruno Mars and Riker kissed me again, “Do you wanna dance?” He asked excitedly. “I would dance with you forever, my love,” I smiled to him, dragging him back to the dance floor, where we continued to dance all night long.