Ross and Rebeca: Stay with me (A Break up and Make up)

Rebeca’s Point of View

Ross slumped his shoulders, “I don’t understand, Rebeca, I love you,” He said, “Don’t say good bye baby,” He took my hand, rubbing it in his. “Ross,” I said, wiping my crying eyes. “You know I love you so much, but our lives are going in such different directions, you have touring and your acting that you really have to focus on time and I have my career and college to worry about, baby,” He shook his head at your reasons, “No,” He whispered, “I don’t care, you came here to be on tour with me and now you’re breaking up with me,” I shook my head, “I’m not breaking up with you, I’m telling you it’s just a little break, our lives are so hectic babe,” “No!” He said, “Because our month long break will be a six month break then a year then we really will be done, like really done and I can’t handle that Rebeca I can’t! I love you!”

My eyes watered again, along with his. This was a conversation I was dreading having and I still didn’t want to be having, but it had to happen because I couldn’t have our relationship be on the back burner for both of us. He was on tour for 3 more months and he needed to have freedom. I was working and enjoying my work and my college was going well, and I didn’t want to worry about forgetting to call him or him forgetting to call me, I was doing this for both of us and he couldn’t understand that. “If you love me you’ll stay, you still have another week of break, Rebeca stay with me please,” I shook my head, “No Ross, we can’t, I love you but we can’t,” I kissed his cheek and left, taking my bag and getting on the plane to go home.

A month later R5 was playing in my city and I missed Ross like crazy. Rydel called me the week before to tell me that she wanted me at their show and that he needed me, and I realized I needed him. “Please come to our show, see how different Ross is without you,” She said, “This tour has not been the same, he doesn’t smile in pictures, he sings these songs with no emotion anymore Rebeca, and he misses you so much. He talks about you all the time.” Of course over the phone I was bawling because I missed him too. School was hell, work was hell, and everything was hell because I didn’t have his phone call or his skype conversations to look forward to. I wasn’t counting down the days until I got to see him.

I agreed that’d I’d go, so she mailed me a ticket and didn’t tell him I’d be coming until I was supposed to meet them after the show. They came up on stage and I watched him carefully from the middle of the crowd, there was no way her could have found me. “This one,” he said, pausing, “I dedicate to someone who I love very much, and every day I wish she would have stayed.” He looked down and the piano began playing “Stay with Me” It was the song I listened to when I missed him and every time I cried. This time was no different, so when Rocky sang his opening verse tears sprung to my eyes and I looked up to see Ross staring into the crowd, right at me. ‘How did he see me?’ I thought, looking into his eyes. He waved a little bit and girls around me squealed, thinking he was waving at them. I lifted my hand up a little bit and waved, smiling a small smile.

He whispered something to Rydel and then to Riker. He searched for me again as I raised my hand so he could find me. He looked at me and motioned to the back of the room they were performing in. I moved my way to the very back and Riker sang Ross’ part in the chorus of Stay with Me. Girls yelped, frustrating me because it was a beautiful song without the screaming, but I understood why when I was brought to my feet quickly and kissed forcefully, only having time to close my eyes and feel my lips melt with his. “I missed you,” He whispered. I opened my eyes to see a precious blond tilting my chin up with his head. “Leaving was a mistake,” I said, “I’ll never do it again,” I promised. “I’ll never let you leave again,” He whispered, kissing me again. “I have to go back up on stage,” He laughed, looking at the guys, who were still playing Stay with Me. I nodded and returned to the edge of the crowd, patiently awaiting the end of the concert.