Riker and Taryn: Over The Moon (A Proposal)

Taryn’s Point of View

“Welcome everyone!” Riker yelled into the crowd. “It’s a beautiful night here in Disney World, isn’t it Ross?” “It is a beautiful night!” Ross replied, smiling into the lights. R5 had been asked to play a concert in Disney tonight and last night, I being Riker’s longtime girlfriend, had gotten to go and be a part of it. I was so lucky to have him in my life. I thought they had finished playing their set and Riker came down from the stage, but the rest of the band stayed up, ‘What is he doing?’ I thought. “Hey babe,” He smiled, kissing me sweetly and taking my hand.

“Riker, this is sweet and I know you want to watch the fireworks with me, but your band is still playing up there.” I leaned on his shoulder. “Don’t worry cutie,” He kissed my forehead, “We worked it out so I could come down here and be with you.” He put his arms around me and held me closely. Rocky started playing a familiar tune on his guitar and Ross started singing “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” and I smiled, “This is one of my favorites!” as I cuddled up close to Riker, sighing.

“I know,” He smiled, pulling me closer and singing in my ear. “Taryn,” He said suddenly, making me look up at him with worry in my eyes. “Yeah?” I smiled softly, “Is everything okay baby?” I asked. “Yeah,” He said, looking in my eyes. He took my hands and faced me, looking like he was so nervous he could fall over. “Taryn, I love you so much.” He breathed. “I love you more,” I said, watching his eyes curiously. “Will you marry me?” He asked out of the blue. “What?” I gasped, smiling uncontrollably.

He quickly got down on one knee and pulled out a beautiful engagement ring. “Marry me? Please baby girl, it would make me the happiest man alive.” A small crowd of girls and people were watching patiently, along with the band that played instrumental. “Yes,” I said as he put the ring on my finger and stood, pulling me into his arms swiftly. “I love you,” He said into my ear, making me smiled wildly and pull away, “I love you too,” I replied, putting his face in both of my hands and kissing him.

“Well, well, well,” Ross said into the microphone, “Rocky,” He turned to them, “It looks like our big brother got engaged!” He said. “It sure does Ross!” He smiled, “You know what that means!” He said, strumming on his guitar, beginning to play Marry You, a cover song they hadn’t played in years, “Congratulations you two!” Rydel said into the microphone, “But we’re gonna need Riker back after this song if that’s okay,” She smiled. I nodded, blowing them all kisses and wrapping my arms around my fiancée. “Are you happy?” He said, dancing with me in the fireworks and the moonlight, “I’m over the moon,” I said, pulling him in for another kiss.