Riker and Marie: Miscommunication

Hi, I was wondering if you could do a heart breaking break up make up story based off of repeating days and maybe have the cheating thing be all a misunderstanding. For Riker and I'm Marie. I absolutely adore your writing, if you could do this it would be amazing!xx

Yes, I can do that lovely. I tried my best to get it similar, but none of my ideas were coming out right, so I hope this is okay! :)

Marie's POV

I skipped up the steps to Riker's apartment two at a time, smiling to myself. I was getting to see my lovely boyfriend after he had been on tour for two months, and while he asked me to come over at 8, I wanted to surprise him with dinner from our favorite restaurant, so I came over with take out at 7.

I had had a long few months without him, my family issues were out of control, I was way too stressed at work, and it was coming up on Riker and I's one year anniversary, and I had nothing to give him.

I knocked on the door and got a quick answer, from a skimpily dressed red head who came out the door, looking like she had just had the time of her life. "Are you here to see someone?" She asked me. "Yeah," I told her, "My boyfriend." I said to her. She looked at me skeptically, "Your boyfriend? I'm pretty sure he's my boyfriend. I met him on his tour, I've been with him ever since..." She crossed her arms.

"Just let me the hell in," I told her. "Fine." She spat, "I was just leaving." She pushed past me, knocking food out of my hand with no apologies. "Marie?" A familiar voice spoke, coming to the door. Tears filled my eyes as I looked at the italian food on the ground in front of me. "Her?" I asked him.

"What?" Riker answered. "What are talking about?" He asked me. "Her?" I asked again, "The girl that just left here, who was she?" I yelled at him. "That was Morgan, she's-" "She's what?" I interrupted, "Your new girlfriend?" "What? Marie, that's crazy, she's-"

"How the hell could you cheat on me?" I asked him. "What?" He yelled, "Do you not trust me at all??" He rolled his eyes, "I thought we were going to have a nice night together and you accuse me of cheating on you before you even walk through the door?" He asked me, "Marie, this is ridiculous, I went on tour, I came home, I love you, stop making this something that it isn't!" He shouted at me.

"I can't believe that's why you had me over at 8, so you could fuck her before I got home tonight." I said, "Marie, you must not trust me at all if you're assuming I was hooking up with some girl before you came over." He told me, "Give me a chance here." "No," I said, "I've had a really long day at work and I am so exhausted and this was not what I wanted to come over to." I shook my head at him, "Enjoy your dinner," I told him, tears streaming down my face.

I turned around and walked away, going down the stairs. "Marie, wait!" Riker called, but I didn't listen. I kept walking straight to my car. I pulled out and drove home, keeping my composure long enough to get inside my apartment I shared with Rydel. "Hey," She said, noticing my mood, "I thought you were sleeking and Rocky and Riker's?" She asked me. "Change of plans." I told her, grabbing a glass of wine. "Want to talk about it?" She asked.

"No," I muttered, grabbing it and walking to my room. I threw my phone on the floor and cried, knowing I hadn't let him explain, but I didn't care. I knew what I saw. And I wept.

I woke up the next morning with a pounding head ache and bags under my eyes. I had cried myself to sleep, and now I was awake. "Marie..." Rydel whispered, coming into my room with a steaming mug. "Please get up." She whispered. "Why." I mumbled. "Because Riker told me what happened and you need to talk to him." She said, setting the cup on my night stand. "No, there's nothing to say." I told her. "Oh, I think there is." She told me, "Get up." She said, "He's here."

I rolled my eyes and put my glasses on, throwing my hair up in a bun. I put on decent clothes and walked into the living room cautiously. Riker sat on the couch looking like he got no sleep too. He looked up at me in his glasses and a pair of sweat pants. "Hey," He murmured, "Please, please sit..." He said, patting the place next to him. "What?" I muttered, sitting next to him.

He took a deep breath and put his hands together, "First of all, Marie, I want to say I'm sorry for yelling... I should have never escalated that, no matter how confused and upset I was." He told me. I nodded and opened my mouth, "I'm sorry I raised my voice too..." "Secondly, baby," He paused, "If you ever think for one second that I would ever love anyone as much as I love you, you're so wrong." He smiled softly, "I could never find anyone as special as you. You're my everything, and I didn't get to explain that the girl you saw last night was there with Rocky, not me, baby." He said.

A sigh of relief swept over me and I looked at my lap, tears falling from my eyes. "Oh my god..." I whispered, "I'm so sorry..." I told him, I shook my head, "I assumed you were cheating, baby, I'm, oh my god," I cried. He grabbed me and brought me into his chest, "I''m so sorry I didn't trust you... I'm so sorry baby..." I cried, wrapping my arms around him. "It's okay..." He sighed, kissing the top of my head.

"I should have told you someone else was gonna be there. And I definitely should have told you it was a girl, I just didn't want you do have to be over there while she was over there, because honestly she's kind of a bitch and after what Rocky and I heard from your conversation with her last night, I don't think they'll be seeing each other anymore." He told me. I backed away from his embrace and wiped my eyes, "I'm sorry babe..." I pity laughed, "I have just been so stressed and it sent me over the edge and I felt threatened and overwhelmed and angry."

"It's okay.." He said, "We didn't communicate very well..." He told me, "But I missed you. A ton." He smiled. "I missed you too. And I love you a lot." I grabbed his hand. "And I think I know of a good way to end this kind of miscommunication once and for all." He said, "I know our anniversary isn't for two weeks, but I have to give this to you now..." He pulled at small bag out of his pocket. "This isn't your real gift, but it's a start." He blushed.

I pulled out a key from the bag and I looked up at him, "Really?" I asked, "To your place?" I asked him. "To our place..." He said. "I found an apartment that'd be perfect for us, and I've been looking to move on my own because Ryland is gonna start living with Rocky, but I thought what a better way to come home than to come home to you every night..." He shrugged happily at me. "What do you think?" He asked. "It's perfect..." I said, pulling him in to kiss him, my hands on either side of his face, "I can't wait to see it."

Rydel came around the corner and smiled, "Well I guess this is a good time to tell you Ellington is moving in next week!" She giggled happily. "It definitely is." I smiled at her, giving my best friend a hug, "Thank you for dragging me out of bed..." I told her. "What else am I good for?" She teased. I went back over to Riker and helped him stand up, "Anyone up for breakfast?" He asked. "Definitely..." I told him, "Anywhere you are is where I wanna be."