Autumn 27

Stephen is enjoying the game with his grandparents and Dad.

He's being a great fan of basketball because this one is his dream aside from being a lawyer someday and he admires Rachel for that. 

"Dad, I have to pee." And there he stood up but her Dad stopped him when he's about to walk.

"Sasamahan na kita, Nak." He is about to stand when Stephen shakes his head.

"No, Dad. You stay here with Mamita and Pappy, okay? I got this." And there, he nodded in respond.

While Stephen's heading to the toilet he saw a familiar face.

'Oh! Is that Mr. Marcos?'

And there he totally recognized his features.

Of course, remember readers? William Marcos was the former PBA star obviously in the Philippines.

He gets his cellphone in his pocket and hesitantly walk towards William's direction.

"Sir?" He said while poking William's arm.

"Yes little boy?" He smiled widely to Stephen and he smiled back widely.

"Is it okay? If we... If we, you know. Take a selfie, Sir?" He stated nervously.

"Oh man! Sure, sure! Let me hold that." He held Stephen's phone. "So, one, two, three." And there, they pose a thumbs up one.

"You're my idol, Sir William!" He exclaimed joyfully.

"Thank you little boy! So, can I know your name?" He asked leveling his eyesight.

"I'm Stephen, taga Philippines din po ako like you."

Of course, William isn't surprise but his face looks so familiar.

"Alam mo, Stephen? Stephen, tama ba?" And the kid nod. "You looks so familiar." And he intently scanned Stephen's feature.

"Talaga po?" The child is surprised of course because this is the first time he saw William in personal.

"Yah, yah. Yung kapatid ko. Oo, yung kapatid ko kamukha mo sya." He suddenly thinks of Richard.

"Ganon po ba?" He answer thriftily. The more he wanted to talk with William he can't do it because his lower abdomen makes him remember that he definitely needs to pee.

"Sir, thanks for your time! See you again!" And there he runs still looking at William and waving his hand, til he entered the toilet.

On the other hand, Richard has been worrying to Stephen. 'What took you so long, kid.' He thought because there's only 2 minutes time remaining before the game end.

"Ma, Pa. Sundan ko muna si Stephen ha." He said and headed towards the toilet room.

But before he can actually fetch Stephen, he saw William and of course William saw him also.

Readers, if you can just see how their eyes burned while looking at each other you must say, the hell just eventually comes here on earth.

But Richard looked away when he saw Stephen in his peripheral vision.

He walk towards his child direction and William's vision follows where Richard is heading.

"Stephen, what took you so long?" Richard asked his son.

William stares at them in disbelief.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Will the jury foreperson please stand? Has the jury reached a unanimous verdict?" Judge Ed asked.

The foreperson stands, "Yes Your Honor."

Rachel has been waiting for this very moment.

Where Dale will already let go the burden within his inner because the truth will prevailed, they are so sure.

The jury reached a verdict and the
clerk get the verdict form from the foreperson and hand it to the judge.

After a minute, Judge Ed read it silently and  handed it back to the clerk for the reading of the verdict.

Rachel's heart seemingly stop because of her nervousness.

Dale should get the not guilty verdict because of his family in the Philippines, they are all leaning on Dale's salary in able to sustain their daily needs.

She can't just let the verdict be wrong and innocent person be in prison.

"The jury finds the defendant not guilty."

And there, Rachel's heart leaped in joy.

There she knew, Dale's life will be back to normal.

He can work again for his family and they can live a life seems like nothing to worry about, because they are always contented on what they have.

Rachel found herself hugging Dale while tears are in the verged of the corner of her eyes.

"Thank you, Atty. Guidotti. Maraming salamat po talaga. Kung hindi po dahil sa inyo siguro po mabubulok na lang ako sa kulungan at hindi ko na muling mababalikan ang pamilya ko sa Pilipinas." He said tears streaming down his face.

"Ano ka ba? Wala yun. I'll always do it because it's the right thing to do. Ikamusta mo na lang ako sa Misis mo ha at sa tatlo mong chikiting. Huwag mo silang pababayaan ha. I'm proud of you, Dale. You're being a hero to our country and to your family." And there, she can't prevent the tears to fall.

After the trial, Henry walks closer to her.

"Atty. Guidotti, congrats!" He said as if he's not the deputy Atty.

"Oh hi there Henry, thank you." And there's a lil awkwardness engaged her body.

"So, this one should be celebrated! Shall we?" Henry offered.

"Sure! This one can be my treat!" She excitedly exclaimed.

Henry's been her friend since the trial started.

So, 6 months already and counting.

They went inside their favorite restaurant and ordered.

"O ano? You'll going to tell me na ba what happened to you and your husband?" He can't never neglect that he's still something for Rachel but slowly he's learning to accept that Rachel could never be the woman he wished to have as a wife. As a friend? She can surely be.

"Ayan pa rin talaga ang topic ha?" She chuckled while fixing her bag.

He chuckled too, "Eh kasi nakakaintriga yang love life mo Atty. Guidotti."

"To answer your question, ayun nga okay naman kami, parang ganon." She explained not so well.

And Henry stares at her as if he's incredibly puzzled in what Rachel is acting right now, saying specifically.

"Ano? Bakit ganyan kang makatingin?" And she leaned forward on where she is seated to slapped his shoulder.

And he just bursted his laugh, "Nakakatawa ka kasi, Atty. Guidotti." And he continually laugh, so close to being out of air breathe.

She just looked at him in disbelief.

Henry abruptly seated properly and speaks again, "Kasi kung anong clear at galing mo sa korte kanina, ngayon... Ngayon, sasagutin mo ako ng ganyan. For the first time hindi kita naunawaan, Atty. Guidotti." He said chuckling in almost every words.