Autumn 42

Rachel stepped out of her car in the law firm's parking lot into the pouring rain. Damn! She'd forgotten her umbrella.

"Nak, wait for Mommy here ha." She stated.

Another day flipped in.

She didn't want to go in her office by now because Richard and her didn't have any conversation starting yesterday til now.

It made Rachel trembled in fear.

And it's very unusual to Rachel to felt this way.

Because, readers! You already knew who she is after the incident happened right?

Her heart becomes a stone hard one.

But now, little by little her heart becomes renew and hibernated from hatred, wars and sufferings inside her system.

She can breathe now, a lil bit better than before.

But today specifically, she thought Richard so much because of course on what happened yesterday.

She's walking inside the law firm to get her new case.

While Stephen is in the car kneeling on his seat and dipping his index finger on the window.

It's his favorite thing when it's raining.

He's now illustrating a big heart while humming 'You are My Sunshine' and he continued by putting inside the heart a Daddy, two children and a Mommy.

And he smiled upon seeing those, he thought even just for this one they are completely reunited.

And Rachel knock on the car's door that causes Stephen to stares at her Mommy and waved at her as if they didn't see each other for a long run.

Rachel went inside her car.

"What are you doing there, Sweetie?" She asked while wiping wet parts of her body.

"Mommy, look!" He stated while pointing his finger on the drawing he made.

"Wow! Ang galing talaga ng anak ko..." But before Rachel can't spilled something, she think it twice first, and she decided not to ask anymore.

She just noticed that there are two children at the middle.

"Nak, where do you want us to go?" She asked while caressing his hair, car still unmoving.

"Ahmmm." Stephen looked above as if the answer is there. "Everywhere, as long as you are with me, Mommy." He stated sweetly.

Rachel is always stunned on how Stephen made her heart leaped in joy.

"Asus.. Manang-mana kay Daddy mambola ang baby namin." She said, now pinching his nose.

"No Mommy! I just stated what my heart tell me to say." He defensively stated.

She stares to Stephen for awhile before starting her car.

"So, dadalhin kita sa favorite restaurant ni Mommy here in US." She said, and there she started driving.

"Mommy? Can I ask you a question?" Stephen asked.

"You already did, anak. What is it?" She said smiling widely.

"What did you like from Daddy? Why did you marry him?" He asked curiously.

And Rachel didn't understand what she feels inside.

"Ahmm. Ahmm. For that, I like your Daddy kasi alam ko hindi ako magugutom sa mga ihahain nyang pagkain!" She said giggling.

Stephen laugh and it's the first time that Rachel heard it so clear.