Autumn 34

I've been staying at home exactly 2 days from now because Richard always blocked me to go to my work.

He blackmailed me by saying that he'll send me to the Hospital if I don't listen to him. So here I am, laying all day long.

The door squeaked open and I saw Stephen holding a tray with my favorite chocolate cake and water.

I can't imagine that Stephen will be so thoughtful to me.

I become seated when he's finally reached the side of my bed.

"Kain na po kayo. May pinuntahan lang po si Daddy for a while." He stated smiling.

"Thank you." She smiled back at him.

"Kamusta na po ang pakiramdam nyo? Sabi po ni Daddy, you always vomited every morning? Di ba po that can be a possible symptom of pregnancy?" He said. Obviously this child is so intelligent maybe he learned this from school.

Rachel's tongue stocked on the roof of her mouth. She didn't ever thought that everything that's happening to her can be something Stephen just stated.

Is she truly ready to be a mom?

A true mom, indeed.

Did she already moved on?

Can she take care the responsibility?

Giving birth to her child before and finding him dead in her arms becomes vividly flashing in her mind.

She's not yet ready to be a mom again, she thought.

Nine months of carrying her child in her womb and delivered him dead was so uneasy to take, and til now she's been grieving on her late child's death.

She didn't want to have a baby because that wasn't supposed to be on the plan.

Well, they doesn't have any arrangement of Richard, and it surprised her to realize that she's just going with the flow.

Go with the flow as if she forget everything that Richard did to her.

And she seems stunned in what she is thinking right now, is she paranoid again?

Or she's just stating the fact that everything's went fast?

Is she really forgives Richard?

Or she's just being overwhelmed to Richard's presence til they met each other again and she didn't even noticed that she already give in?

Of course, for Richard she already did because they just did several rituals that actually meant for a guy that he's already forgiven and plus Rachel's sweet gestures towards him this past few days...

How could Rachel explain that she's not yet ready to be part of Richard's life and vice versa?

How could Rachel explain that she's not yet healed?

How could Rachel explain that she don't want to bear a child again for now?

Only if, only if ever Stephen's intuition is right.

But she wished that it isn't.

"Tita Rachel, are you fine?" He asked concerned to his Tita while holding her left hand which is positioned to her tummy.

She stares at Stephen and shoved his hand away.

She remembered her child who's been dead 8 years ago, 'Sya dapat ang nandito sa tabi ko... Hindi ikaw.' She thought, her mood went back again to its rough side.

Where she can see Selina on Stephen whom who leaded his child buried underneath and there he is, enjoying the world with a somehow complete family?

She thought, it's so unfair for his late child.

Her own child don't even experienced to breathe an air coming from the world that he supposed to conquer.

Her own child don't even experienced to open his eyes and see how her mom looks like, what features he gets from his father.

Her own child don't even experienced to smile while having a slumber, as if the Angel's playing with him in his dream.

Her own child don't even experienced to cry in hunger to get a bottle of milk.

Her own child don't even experienced to be seated on the lap of his father while her mom is staring at them in owe.

Her own child don't even experienced to wiggle his thighs and arms when her mom's bathing him in the bathub that his Mamita bought with a duck inside floating that addends to baby's glee.

Her own child don't even heard them saying 'I love you'.

Her own child don't even learned how to say Mommy and Daddy.

Her own child don't even learned how to walk.

Her own child don't even experienced going to school.

Her own child don't even experienced having friends around.

Her own child don't even learned how to pray.

And now, this child in front of her demands to treat him like her own? She thought.

'Sino ka para makaranas ng buong pamilya? Kahit pagbali-baligtarin pa rin ang lahat anak ka pa rin ng babaeng sumira sa amin ni Richard, anak ka pa rin ng babaeng naging dahilan ng pagkamatay ng sarili kong anak.'

"Leave me alone." She just stated.

Of course, Stephen is taken a back on what he heard on Rachel.

Before he could speak again Rachel spoke.

"Isarado mo ang pinto after you went out." She stated while laying again to her bed and keeping her body inside the comforter.

She felt so blue, so sad, so mad again.

Stephen's still standing to his position. Tears stream down on his cheeks. He can't help it.

It hurt him seeing her like this again.

He thought everything's fine and he can eventually have someone to called Mommy but then again she turned out like this again.

Stephen runs abruptly going outside Rachel's room still tears rushing down on his face.

But before he can actually locked his door...

"Stephen, anak? What happened?" Mathilde asked him while walking towards his room.

Stephen's standing behind the door, half of his face is shown but still his Mamita can sense that her Apo's not fine.

She let the child come to him and hugged her.

The child sobbed and loud cries of him is being heard along the hallway of their rooms.

"Apo, apo, what happened ha?" She kneeled down to level Stephen's eyes which is now swollen.

He just shakes his head while tears are still visible to his cheeks, flowing like a river.

The only thing she can do is to caressed his back and spilled some encouraging words like, "Mamita is here." "Everything's going to be fine." "Apo, we love you so much."

"You can't heal a wound by saying it's not there."

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
What do you think ? 😱 Even I myself is being shocked on what's happening to Rachel.