Autumn 80

"Hindi mo ako anak?" Stephen's been listening on the whole conversation.

He run fast as he could as William turned to face the child, he heard Stephen clearly.

"Stephen!" He called out after getting back his senses. He runs after the child.

As he step his foot he can feels the heaviness in his heart.

He loves Stephen, too even if he's not his child. Stephen is so easy to love.

He's a loving child, a caring munchkin, a boy whom intelligent but at the same time innocent and sweet.

Another step, the memories of him with the child comes rushing back as if it's really made, for him to realize that the child shouldn't be included in their messed.

He remember how Stephen talk with him with so much glee and adoration but here he is, he betrayed his number one fan. The only person who believes in him again after his career became dimmed.

How could he?

He hurts his best buddy.

William roam his vision on the camp sight but there's already no trace of Stephen's foot or even shadow.

He gripped on his hair, he didn't know what to do.

He's not afraid on what consequences will happen after Rachel knows that he's not the father, that he betrayed everyone not just her, but everyone. The only thing that matters with him right now is to find Stephen and apologize for what he'd done.

Stephen doesn't deserve the pain. He's just a child who's longing for a father, for his true father's love and protection.

Stephen runs as fast as he could without knowing where to go, he just can't imagine that someone like William betrayed him. It hurts. A lot.

Every moments they had, every words he spilled was just as loving as his personality.

He can't just reciprocate everything.

Why is that William Marcos betrayed him?

Why does every pain that the universe could give, give all with him. 'Do the universe forgets that I am only a child?' His thought is as deep as his breathing.

He didn't stop from running, just like his steps away from the people, the camp sight, the town, his breath slowly become shallow and he knows he should stop for a while or else he'll stumble down.

He hold unto his knee, bending. He looks back while still on that position, his tears flows as the memories dominated his mind.

He didn't take it anymore, he become seated on the ground weeping from the revelation he just knew.

---------------

"Tama nga ang hula natin. May pumatay sa trabahador." Simon spilled.

Rachel put her hand on her forehead. "Nanigurado talaga ang demonyong iyon. Teka, kilala mo na ba kung sino ang nasa likod ng lahat ng ito?" She confusedly asked, how does Simon knew that particular thing?