Autumn 17

"Is all set, Richard? Ito lang ba ang dala mo?" She asked him while packing his things.

"Yeah, sabi ko sa'yo ako na dyan. Mapapagod ka pa e." Richard stand behind her while Rachel's putting his suits inside the luggage.

Rachel continuously did the packings as if he didn't heard Richard's concern.

She slowly feels his arms around her waist, she closed her eyes to feel him more on her behind.

She stands straight and face him.

"Richard, take off na. Ihahatid na kita sa airport, baka malate ka pa." She cupped his cheeks trying to vanished his tears.

"Rachel, please take care of yourself here. Text me, I will text you, call me, I will call you, face time tayo. Promise me, araw-araw tayong mag-uusap. Please, promise me." Richard's tears suddenly burst.

She got curious more, she just shrugged it off and let herself continue the packing of Richard's things in his condo.

Since, Rachel is trying to figured out everything in her own way on how Simon just thought, the most life ruining idea in their lives.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Exactly 3 months today, since Richard go back in the Philippines. Rachel has to admit that she already missed him so bad.

"Jane? This letter? Kanino daw galing?" She asked her secretary out of curiosity because there's no details have been written on the black envelope.

"Ma'am, I just got it sa postman kanina e." She shyly respond.

"Ah, ganon ba?" That's the only words she spill.

And she already sign her to go back in her desk.

"This envelope is familiar." She thought.

She about to open the black envelope when her phone rings.

She drew a smile upon seeing his husband's name flashing in her phone.

She slide it to answer the call.

"Hello?" She prevented to sounds excited.

"Hi Love." He thriftily answered.

She got curious and at the same time nervous. She don't know to herself, she's a lil more paranoid since Richard doesn't sounds like fine along the line.

"May problema ba?" She asked.

She heard a sigh before he actually speak again.

"Ah, wala naman. It just that..." He pause and it irritated her so much.

"If you're going to make a phonecall, just make it straight to the point. Nakakairita e." She spilled out, out of anger? Patience? Or curiosity. She even don't know too.

And Richard on the other line more become weaker and don't have the appetite to tell the thing he really wanted to spill.

"Sige Rachel, I will talk to you when you're already calm. Bye." And he ended the phonecall that made Rachel more furious and at the same time made her teary eyed?

She even don't understand herself this past few days to be exact. She's to emotional? Moody? She really don't know and it made her fascinated all the time.

Even her secretary and employees, they got scolded for a shallow reason. Rachel isn't a terror boss after all even though she's quite perfectionist.

She get out of her office and along the desk of her employees she noticed that they formed a circle, looks like they are chit-chatting about something that made her again, curious.

Agatha, seemingly saw her approaching that's why she gave a cue to her co-workers.

"So, I'm just wasting our company's money in these kinds of employees? Ano? Pakikipag chikahan na lang ba ang gagawin nyo, no other important thing than this?" She gave them a death glare.

They all bowing their heads. And of course, no one has the determination to speak.

"Ganito mo na ba sila ituring ngayon, Rachel?" Her Mama's coming to her way.

"Ma? What.. What are you doing here?" She asked in disbelief and of course, she's so glad to her Mama but not in this state, wherein she's giving discipline to her employees.

She abruptly went to her Mama's direction and hug her tight as ever.

"Yan ba talaga dapat ang una mong tanong sa Mama mo?" She asked acting like she's a lil bit disappointed to her greetings.

"Ma, look I'm sorry..." She just loosen the hug and started to bow her head and sniffed like a child.

"Why? Why are you crying?" Mathilde just get her hand and lead her to her office.

But before they can actually get inside....

"Go back to work!" She shouted.

And they are crumbling went to their respective works.

Her Mama just gave them a "pasensya na" look and a shy smile and followed Rachel in her office.

"Ma, who's with you? Sabi nyo, hindi kayo makakapunta?" She asked still tears streaming down.

"Ayaw mo bang makita ako, anak? Why are you crying? Ang sabi ko nung Christmas kami hindi makakapunta, alam mo na ang klima baka di namin kayanin."

"Ma, syempre I love to. Pero, syempre your health. Yun ang inaalala ko. Again Ma, sinong kasama nyo?" She asked full of concern to her Mama and she started wiping her tears. Tears that she didn't even know why streaming down to her face. Crazy.

"It's for you to find out." And she smiled weakly to her.

She just didn't get it. Why do the people around her feels like hiding something from her.

"Ma, si Richard. He called a while ago. May problema ba sa company? Sa kanya? Sa inyo?"

"Anak, nothing to worry about. Wala naman e. We just get here to relax, not to give you headache, trust us." And she laugh a bit.

"Ma naman, hindi kayo sakit ng ulo sa'kin ha. Don't ever think that. So, may kasama nga kayo? You just said, 'we' right?"

"Tara na sa bahay mo, for you to find it out." She stands up and walk closer to Rachel's desk when her vision caught a familiar envelope that causes her to gasp.

"Alam na kaya ni Rachel?" Luckily, Rachel's still staring on the windowpane while playing her swivel chair.

Before Rachel can actually caught where she is staring, she just pull Rachel's wrist and lead her to go out in her office.

"Early out kayo ngayong lahat." Mathilde suddenly announced to their employees.

They are all shock and staring to Mathilde's direction.

"But Ma...." Before Rachel protests. She gave her a knowing look.

"Fine." She just rolled her eyes.

They went inside her car and started driving heading to her house.

Minutes of driving they finally get into their house.

Rachel is so excited to see who's with her Mama.

"Ma, is Ri.. Richard is also here?" She just wanted to see him right now. She don't know the reason after all.

"Again, it's for you to find out." And she gave Rachel a playful winked.

And she laugh a bit, "Ma, where did you just learned that?" Still giggling.

"Sa apo ko." She said smiling widely.

Rachel is holding the doorknob when she clearly heard what's her Mama said.

And it gave her something she didn't understand feeling. "Is he here?"

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
Hi DaniellaAnn0416, keep reading. Here's your lil favor. 💕😊