Autumn 45

Rachel's helping Stephen to packed up his things, it's already 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

Because the day after tomorrow they will go back in the Philippines.

"Mommy, how many weeks pa kayo dito?" He asked while putting Pareng Bear in his backpack.

"Let's see, Baby. Hayaan mo bibilisan na ni Mommy ayusin ang dapat ayusin para makauwi na rin ako." She said while folding Stephen's shirts.

And there, they continued their packings.

On the other hand, Richard's cooking for their merienda.

When Mathilde came.

"Richard, nakuha ko ito sa mailbox sa iyo naka addressed ang envelope na ito." She said while handling him the envelope.

"Thank you po, Mama." He said while scanning the enveloped.

He started to teared it on its side.

And he curiously looked at the picture.

Two child, who were about at the age 4 or 5 welcomed his sight.

"Ano 'to? Si Rachel ba 'to?" He asked himself before looking at Mathilde who's now became puzzled in his stares.

She walks slowly to his direction again and look in what Richard had received.

She gasped an air before covering her mouth.

Richard is so stunned on what Mathilde's act upon seeing the picture.

Mathilde's knees became jelly and if Richard isn't there she could probably stumbled down the floor.

Richard abruptly assisted his mother in law in to become sitted.

"Mama? Ayos lang po ba kayo?" He get some water and offered it to her.

She slowly gulped the water before speaking, "Richard.. Hindi na dapat makita yan ni Rachel."

Yes, Richard is puzzled.

"Whaat? What do you mean, Mama?" He asked curiously while sitting also.

"Si Rosha..." She stated.

"Po? Sino po yun?" He asked, so eager to know the answer.

"Sya ang kambal na kapatid ni Rachel." She said while looking out of nowhere.

Richard's mind twirled.

"Eh.. Bakit ho hindi na dapat malaman ni Rachel? Na'san ho ba ang kakambal nya?" He asked still furiously wanted to know the answer.

"Hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin namin sya natatagpuan." She said while in the verge of tears.

Little by little, everything makes sense to Richard.

"Uulitin ko, Richard. Huwag mong ipapakita yan sa kanya. Lubusan akong nababahala para sa kanyang kalagayan kapag naalala nyang muli na may kapatid sya." She stated, now tears streaming down on her face.

Richard can't speak nor move in his position.

He can't just get it perspectively.

"May nais talagang sumira muli ng pamilya natin..." Mathilde said changing her looks into a mad one.

He's just listening intently in what Mathilde's saying.

"Mauunawaan mo rin ito, Richard. Basta huwag mong kalilimutan ang bilin ko sa iyo. Huwag mong ipapakita yan kay Rachel." She repeats again.