Autumn 79

"Thank you, William." She stated after he put Stephen's down on his bed.

He straightened his body and stares at her deeply, "No, Rachel...thank you." He said while holding her right shoulder.

Rachel saw how grateful he is, she can see it on his eyes. She never forget this man in front of her, her first love.

She never noticed that she's been staring at him and when her sense came back their faces are only inch away.

But before she can actually look away Yaya Pearls came in. And surely! She saw their position.

They both stare at Yaya Pearls who's holding a glass of milk.

She almost let go what she is holding when she saw them.

She gasped an air before shrugging off the thoughts.

"Rachel, ito na yung gatas ni Stephen." She stated while focusing her vision with the child who's sleeping peacefully. "Kaso, tulog na pala ang batang ito. Paano nya pa kaya maiinom ang gatas nya."

Rachel gulps before glancing at him then looking away, "Ahm.. Ya Pearls, thank you. Ako na lang yung iinom nito. You may rest now." She said while getting the glass of milk from her.

"Walang anuman." She beam a smile with Rachel before turning her vision to William, "William, hatid na kita sa baba? Gabi na rin e. Magdadrive ka pa di ba?" Yaya Pearls suggested but that is a command actually.

Rachel can only be quiet.

"Rachel, I have to go. Thank you ulit." He said while they are heading out of Stephen's room.

They walk downstairs.

"Rachel, saraduhan ko na ung mga bintana." She stated while heading on the first window.

Rachel only nod and she walks him outside their house. "Ahm. Ingat. Salamat ulit."  Rachel stated awkwardly.

William front her, "Sabi ko sayo di ba? I owe you a lot. Thank you."

And the next thing he did surprised not just Rachel but also Yaya Pearls who's accidentally saw how William kissed Rachel on her cheek as she's about to close the next window.

Rachel didn't protest or react. She just stand there and wait for him to go.

After that, Rachel went straight inside their house and Yaya Pearls welcomed her on the door. "Rachel, umamin ka nga sa'kin. Kayo ba ni William...kayo ba ni William ay may re-----"

Rachel cut her off, "Ayan ba ang tingin nyo sakin Ya? Hindi ko magagawa yun." She defensively said because it's true right? She didn't cheat on Richard even if that video kept on playing in her head.

"Nagtatanong lang ako. Kilala kita, Rachel. Pero, payo ko lang sayo anak, wag kang masyadong katiwala dyan sa ex mong hung hang, wag mong kalimutan ang ginawa nya sayo noon." She advised.

"Hindi ko naman ho nakakalimutan yon, Ya. Pero ang ginagawa ko ngayon ay para kay Stephen, nothing more, nothing less. Ama nya si William at kahit sinong tunay na ama ni Stephen ay kapareha naman ang gagawin ko e...nagkataon nga lang na si William yon." She explained.