Autumn 11

As I about to went out of the room, I suddenly heard Rachel's phone.

Rachel is inside the powder room.

And he's so tempted to open her phone.

He's about to go but his curiosity never leaves him.

Arg. Just a peak.

He slowly get her phone on the table and open it.

Even though it's not totally open, he can read the message.

Hey, good morning. I'm here in your office, beautiful. See you in a bit.

WILLIAM MARCOS 09**********

A sudden anger boiled ups again in his body.

I know I should let you go, Rachel. Pero, anong ginagawa ni William sa office mo. And having your number and his number on your phone? Ano 'to? Sya ba? Sya ba ulit?

He suddenly went in his car and go straight to her office.

"Good morning Sir. May schedule po ba kayo kay Ma'am Rachel?"

"Wala naman." He answered her secretary while searching for someone.

And when he saw William sitting on the lobby he walk fast to his direction.

"Ku——."

And his right hand welcomed his face.

William stumble down in the floor.

"I thought everything's clear!" Richard shouted to his face.

"Kuya, let me explain." William pleaded.

But Richard punched him once again and he can't just let it passed.

William punched Richard  in his lips and push him away from where he is laying.

Richard lips had blood.

"Guards! Guards! Please, stop them!" Jane pleaded to the bodyguards.

The guards stop them and they directly went to the police station for the commotion they did.

Gag* ka! Basta mo ako sinuntok wala akong ginagawa sa'yo!"

"Hay*p ka! Wala ba yung inagaw mo sa'kin ang asawa ko?!"

"Hindi ko sya sa'yo inagaw, Kuya! Dahil nung una pa lang akin na sya!"

"Wag na wag mo na akong tatawaging Kuya! Wag mong baliktarin ang lahat! Nauna ako sa'yo noon pa man! Ipinaubaya ko sya noon sa'yo pero sinaktan mo lang sya!"

"Look who's talking! Bullsh*t! Hindi lang ako nanakit sa kanya! Ikaw din!"

Rachel go inside of the room.

"Itigil nyo na." She calmly said.

The both punks suddenly become stiffened and look in her direction.

"Hindi ba kayo nahihiya? Kasi kung hindi, ako na ang mahihiya para sa inyong dalawa! Talagang sa office ko pa kayo nagsuntukan?!"

"Rachel, I'm sorry." William once said.

"Si Kuy—-, si Richard dumating basta ako sinuntok. Pinrotektahan ko lang sarili ko."

"Narinig ko na ang dapat kong marinig."

The both of them become stunned.

Paanong alam nya na?

"You can both go now, at kung magsusuntukan kayong dalawa. Wag sa office ko ha."

Richard is as quiet as fuck.

"Ihahatid na kita, Rachel." William insisted.

That made Richard gritted his teeth.

"I can handle." She said and went out of the room.

He's about to follow Rachel when Richard speak.

"Tandaan mo 'to. Hindi habang buhay na maitatago yang lihim mo. Pinagbigyan kita noon. But not this time. Kung hindi sya sa'kin babalik, lalong hindi ako papayag na mapunta sya sa isang katulad mo. Sinungaling." He said and abruptly stand up and went out of the room.

Oo, sinungaling ako. But I just did it because I love Rachel so much. William thought.

————————————————————————

"Rachel." He once again called her name before she get inside her car.

"Ano na naman?" She asked with so much irritation.

"Please, let me explain. I wouldn't do this for nothing. Hindi ako pupunta dito for nothing." He said while putting his left arm on her car's door.

"I know." She thriftily respond.

"Rachel, please listen to me. I'll explain everything to you. Please." He pleaded and she saw the sincerity on his eyes.

She sighed heavily before gesturing him to come inside her car and she made herself comfortably sitting on the driver's seat.

"What? Papasok ka ba o tititigan mo na lang ako ng ganyan?" She said putting her right elbow on the stirring wheel and lean her head on her hand. 

He sighed before speaking.

"Rachel, ako na." While looking intently in her eyes.

"I will drive, period." She remained impassive.

"No. Ako ang lalaki dito, kaya ako ang dapat magmaneho." He said in the most calm way he could possibly say.

She chuckled, but it's full of sarcasm.

"Wow. So gender really matter on driving? Baka nakakalimutan mo Richard, nagagawa na ng mga babae ang kayang gawin ng mga lalaki. But you, you guys. You can't possibly do what we are doing as a wife and mother." She wants to gasp an air after she said the last word she spilled.

"Really Rachel? Pati ito pagdidiskusyunan pa natin?" He asked in disbelief.

"Oh bakit? Sino bang nag-umpisa? Ikaw tong ayaw sumakay sa kotse ko!" Now, raising her voice again.

"Fine. Fine." And he finally hopped in.

"Very good, Richie." She said full of sarcasm.

He only sighed in frustration and irritation? He guessed.

After a minutes of silence, he spoke again.

"Rachel... Again, I'm really so----"

"Wait, 'til we get home." And she maneuvered the steering wheel to go left.

He just remained silent and waiting to get home.

Richard is so confused. "Ha? Bakit sa law firm?"

"Wait for me here. Kakausapin ko lang si Atty. Sy." She stated and of course the only respond he could express is just a nod.

15 minutes of waiting for Rachel to come out. He roam his vision and see the cafe across the street.