Autumn 41

Rachel slowly removed her hands off to Stephen.

She looks so guilty while tucking some of her hair strands behind her ears.

"Bakit umiiyak si Stephen?" He asked Rachel while gripping so tightly in her arms that made Rachel to groined in pain.

Mathilde's watering the flowers and obviously she didn't know what's happening behind her because she's too far from them.

"Richard..." That's the only word Rachel spilled while being in pained on Richard's gripped.

"Daddy! Stop it! Bitawan mo si Mommy!" And there, Richard looked at Stephen and back to Rachel, now slowly loosening his grip.

Rachel is still stunned on what Richard did to her.

He totally let go of Rachel, and after noticing her arms both in red marks, she abruptly run away from them.

Of course readers, it is the first time that Richard hurt her physically.

"Dad! What did you do?" He asked angrily to his Dad.

But before Richard can actually speak, Stephen turned his back and follows Rachel.

He sighed frustratedly, 'Pabigla-bigla ka na naman.' He thought while caressing his nape.

"Oh Richard, I thought you already went to office?" Mathilde asked curiously after watering the plants.

"I forgot the files na inuwi ko kagabi, Mama." He said still caressing his nape.

"Eh teka, at ipapakuha ko kay Rachel sa taas." She stated and ready to walk upstairs.

"Ma, wag na ho. Ako na lang po ang kukuha." He stated nervously.

He's so stupid for doing that dumb thing!

"Teka, bakit ganyan ang itsura mo? May nangyari ba?" She asked him.

He didn't know if he's going to answer honestly or what. Of course, he's so nervous.

"Nasaktan ko ho kasi si Rachel.." He stated while bowing his head.

"Ha? Pero di ba? Unti-unti ka na nyang napapatawad? At kitang-kita ko nga kung paano kayo maglambingan..." She stated happily.

"I mean, physically po." He said, he's ready for Mathilde's slapped but nothing landed on his face.

"Physically?" Mathilde can't process the thing that Richard has told.

"Opo... Kanina po kasi nakita kong umiiyak si Stephen e hawak-hawak po ni Rachel ang bata, akala ko po...akala ko po sinaktan nya si Stephen." He stated hesitantly.

Mathilde looked at Richard and pulled his chin.

Richard look at her as if saying he's really sorry.

"Wala kang kasalanan. Nabigla ka lang. Hayaan mo muna syang muli. Bukas, makalawa lalamig na ang ulo nyan." She stated giving him courage.

"Salamat Mama, nauunawaan nyo po ako." He stated. "Kayo na ho muna ang bahala sa kanila, babalik na po ako sa office. Salamat po ulit." He said.

On the other hand, Rachel locked herself in her room.

Her breathing became unusual again and she can't breathe properly, result of crying too much.

'Paano sa'kin yun nagawa ni Richard? I can't just believe it.' She thought while sobbing heavily.

She feels some pity towards herself. She knew that comparing his love for Stephen and her is a lil bit childish but it reached her thinking.

'Alam ko na mahal mo si Stephen, and here I am loving him also. Not because you wanted to me do so, pero mahal ko talaga ang bata noong una ko pa lang syang nakita.''She thought in herself.

A knocked eventually made her looked at her door's direction.

She thought, it's just Richard that's why ahe didn't mind it.

She's still sitting on the floor near the edge of her bed.

"Mommy?"

Stephen's voice echoed to her head and there she found herself standing in front of the door, slowly twitching the doorknob.

Stephen saw Rachel's swollen eyes.

He abruptly hugged her and Rachel do the same.

She's also surprised in her gestures.

She's supposedly mad at Stephen again, right? Because he's the reason why Richard did that to her.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to did those things. I'm... I'm so sorry if I hurt you..." She said as if she's pleading to Stephen.

She can't just take it, Richard's so mad at her she thought. And she has to admit, she became so selfish and self-centered back then.

She hugged him as if she's truly hugging her true child.

"Mommy, don't cry na please..." He pleaded while caressing Rachel's back.

She can feels Stephen's little hands tapping and caressing her back that causes her to smile a bit while tears are flowing.

'Ganito pala ang pakiramdam ng may anak. May taong nandyan para sa'yo kapag nasaktan ka ng taong minumundo mo.' She thought.

"I love you, anak." She spilled out of nowhere and there she kissed Stephen's ears.

"Kakausapin ko po si Daddy mamaya pag-uwi nya galing sa work. I'll not let this passed." He stated, eventually Rachel feels Stephen's hands are being folded on her back.

"Stephen..." She slowly pulled out from the hug and hold her hands which are now clenched.

"You're not going to do anything bad to Daddy, okay? Nabigla....nabigla lang siguro sya.. He thought I hurt you because we are both crying di ba?" She smiles in between her lines, still tears steaming down.

Stephen pulled out his hands from hers and he slowly put his little hands on Rachel's face, little by little he's tracing the lines of Rachel's tears.

Rachel stares at his eyes, searching for an answer for what he is doing.

Without her knowledge, she's caressing his hair and detailed by detailed memorizing his features.

"Anak, Mamita just made a right choice to kept you." She stated while pulling him again closer to her for another hugged.

'Marahil, ang batang ito ang sagot sa lahat ng kalungkutan ko. Nagbulag-bulagan lang ako sa nakaraan at tinaguan ko ang kasalukuyan... Ngunit ngayon, I will do my best to give everything that this child deserves. And for having a mom is one of those, totally now I can give it to him. But still I'm wondering if I made the right choice? He's so good for me.' Her thoughts become somehow clear by now.

"Mommy, can I date you?"

Rachel can only nod in happiness by having someone like this child on her life and somehow uneasy because she knew Richard's frantically mad at her.

'Nagbalik na nga ba muli ako?' She thought.

The Rachel who always think the welfare of others.

The Rachel who isn't get mad easily.

The Rachel who always smile even if the situation is rough.

The Rachel who's loving and understanding in all circumstances.

💜💜💜💜💜💜
Thanks for the reads, votes and comments mga babies! 💕

Last update for tonight.
Again, fresh typed. Sorry for the grammars and errors. Mwah.