Autumn 40

"Rachel, is everything fine?" He asked curiosly to Rachel while patiently waiting for  Mathilde.

They are both sitting in the living room.

She felt so guilty and at the same time scared?

Maybe because she's thinking how will Richard react on what she's going to tell.

She keeps playing her fingers, bowing her head.

And from there, Richard can read Rachel.

"What's bothering you?"

But before Rachel speak, Mathilde came, "Sa garden." She said with her still cold voice and she passed by.

She sighed before following her mother.

"Ikaw na muna sa opisina. Bukas na lang ako papasok. Tell Jane to finish what I told her. Pag di nya naipasa yan bukas sa harap ko, she can leave." She said, hands on her waist still walking.

"Dragona nga." He whispered.

But Rachel's ears heard him.

"What?" She asked while turning to front him, arms folded.

"Sabi ko, yes Ma'am." He stated.

She pinched his nose and started to walk again, heading to the garden.

Her mom impassively looked at her as she walks closer to her.

And there she become seated.

"Ma, naman. Hindi na ako bata para dito sa homely nyo." She complained.

"Bata man o matanda basta mali ang ginagawa kailangang kausapin ng masinsinan." She impassively said.

"Ma, look... Wala..... Wala akong ginagawang masama." She stated.

"Akala mo ba hindi ko alam yang ginagawa mo sa bata? Kitang-kita ko ang intensyon mo noon. Kaya mo sya pinakitunguhan ng maganda ay dahil para patawarin kita, hindi ba?" She pointed out while gesturing her hands.

Rachel's sweat dripped on her forehead.

"Ma...." She's reaching on her Mama's hands that have been at the top of the table.

"Wag mo akong pagsinungalingan, Rachel." She pointed out again.

She sighed heavily.

"Ma, I'm sorry if I did it. Gusto ko lang naman.... Gusto ko lang patawarin nyo na ako at pansinin ulit, masama ba yun? Hindi ako sanay na hindi ko kayo nakakausap, ilang araw nyo akong hindi kinikibo. That's why, that's why I did that." She stated continually.

"Hindi yun paraan para mapatawad kita. Talaga bang nag-iba ka na Rachel? Pati batang inosente?" Mathilde said.

"Ma.... Hindi... Hindi... Ako pa rin 'to. I'm still the Rachel you knew. Ma, please.. Don't ever say that again..." She pleaded, teary eyed still reaching for her Mama's hand.

But Mathilde puts her hands on her lap.

"Alam ko ang pinagdaanan mo, Rachel at hindi ko yun nakakalimutan pero ikaw... Mukhang nakalimutan mo na kung sino ka..." She sadly said, also in the verge of crying.

"Ma, I'm really sorry.." She said bowing her head and tears flickered.

"It takes time, nak bago maghilom but you can't just pretend every time you're with us. Alam ko na mahal mo pa rin si Richard kaya sana tanggapin mo rin ang pagkakamali nya noon. At alam ko, unti-unti mo na syang napapatawad, ngunit ang bata? Paano ang bata?" She stated while leaning closer to Rachel.