Autumn 24

"Today, I want you to think about all that you are, instead of all that you are not. Rachel, alam ko kung gaano ka kabuting tao." 

She heaved a sigh before answering.

"Alice, hindi ko alam. Ayoko sa batang yun, as in I hate him and you already know the reason but when I touch him... I just just... feel... Hindi, hindi ko sya gusto in the first place. Pero all of my jealousies toward the child vanished for awhile when I touch him." She can't explain what's in her mind for now, she can't explain it clearly.

"Kasi nga just like what I've said, nasa isip mo lang na ayaw mo sa bata but inside of you ramdam mo na mahal mo yung bata. You're just denying it. Your ego just blocked it." She frankly stated. 

She wouldn't like to admit her statements but 'she has a point.'

"Sige na Alice, I have to hang up na. Kakain na muna kami. Take care of yourself and my inaanak ha." And there she ended the phone call.

She went on Stephen's room again and found him patiently waiting for her. 

They went downstairs hand in hand. 

Of course her Mama, Papa and Richard are surprised in what they are seeing. 

Such a wonderful mother and son picture, everyone thought.

Rachel pulled a chair for Stephen and she seated close to him. 

"So, let's eat?" Rachel asked as if it's so usual for her to act that way.

They just stare at Rachel with mixed emotions. And to break that awkward scene for Rachel she speaks.

"Ma, would you like me to put rice on your plate?" She asked while sincerely staring on her Mama's face, doing puppy eyes.  Rachel's been counting on her mind and waiting for her Mama to answer her.

And the only thing her Mama can respond is a sweet smile while nodding.

And there she knew! 

"Ikaw ba, Sweetie?" She asked the child.

"Tita..." And there he is, putting some rice on her plate.

She felt another unexplainable feeling inside her system that she won't probably recognized. Readers, how could she? If she's continually indenial. 

She just stared on the child's face in just about a minute. 

And she slowly smile on Stephen.

On the other hand, Richard can't just say the exact word that will describe the most significant scene in his whole life.

"How could this possibly happened? Lord God, thank you." He thought while smiling like an idiot staring with his "mag-tita."

No doubt, for him Rachel would be a great mother on their child.

He can't resist staring at her angelic face while talking to Stephen.

For Richard, her inside beauty comes out once again. Of course, she's beautiful outside but that beautiful face had been covered her inside with spiral ego, one and another one.

He can't blame Rachel, it's his fault. He had to admit it. And for him, it's the way to solve everything between him and Rachel. You know, to just let her be right and everything will follows.

Even though he don't know what's their status now, he's fine on what's happening in the present time.

That's what everyone's waiting for, for Rachel to accept Stephen. Not totally as her own child also but somehow accept him as a member of the family.

Rachel saw how Richard stares at them that's why she abruptly looked away and focus again herself to Stephen who's now talking about his school achievements.

"Like what I've asked you before, bakit rank 2 ka lang?" She stated in curious tone.

And everyone stares at her, seems like asking 'what the hell? We thought everything's fine now.' 

From that Stephen looked up on his Tita Rachel, he's so shocked on what she brought up again.

And there she is, feeling caught off guard. 'Why everyone's misunderstood me?' She thought. And to clear it she finally speaks again.

"Ano ba kayo? Stop staring at me like a criminal. I'm just asking because hindi ko alam why is he rank number 2, e look at Stephen he's incredibly have higher intellectual capacity." And she looks at Richard's direction. "Richard, you should've asked his teacher noon. Nasayang tuloy ang effort ng bata." She continued.

Even though her statements may lead to any negative discussion, Richard just focused on the bright side on what Rachel have said.

The possible issue that could be flustered on your minds, reader.

1. Her statement made Richard thought the he's not a hands on father to Stephen, that's definitely untrue.

2. Rachel wants Stephen to have a life like hers. Full of standards.

3. Rachel already care for Stephen once in a while and they don't want to ruin the moment that's why their keeping their mouth shut to ask irrelevant questions to her perspective.

At the end ,they are incredibly amazed on how Rachel took a little step to reconcile this thing from the past. And they can say, Rachel's really moving forward now.

"Richard? I am asking you, tigilan mo na ako sa titig mong ganyan." She stated and drinks her water afterwards.

And Richard came back to his senses and about to say a words but he definitely forget what she said.

"A--ano nga ulit yung sabi mo?" While chewing his food.

She sighed before speaking, "Finish your munching before you speak, okay? Daig ka pa ni Stephen may eating manners." And there, her being teacher mode turned on again.

Even Richard must feel humiliated on what Rachel's spilled, he just smile on Stephen and wink.

"Pa, who's with you sa basketball tournament tomorrow?" She asked her father because the last time they talked, he just said it to her.

"Siguro si Richard and Stephen if they would like to come?"

And there, the "mag-ama's" faces lit up and Rachel saw how delighted they are.

"Talaga po Pappy?!" The child asked full of excitement.

"Talaga po, Apo." He said and wink on his grandchild.

Since, they stayed here Rachel also observes how they winked at each other every time they're talking some stuffs and she finds it cute.

"Eh ako? Hindi nyo ako isasama?" Mamita asked as if she's tampo.

And they all laugh in glee.

"There is kindness here. Somewhere between the spine that strengthening itself and the flesh that is learning how to stay soft.

In the midst of this bone cage, kindness is beating and becoming.

The kindness is here.
Even I forget."

∆∆∆∆∆
Thank you Guys for making this story rank number 1 as of now. 😇💜💕

Keep on reading. God bless all, folks.

#FreshlyTyped