Autumn 52

"Oh Sir? Ba't ganyan naman pagkakahulma ng mukha mo ngayon? Ngayon ka na nga lang ulit pumasok e." Vicente greeted Richard.

"Di man lang good morning, Vicente?" He said without even smiling.

And Vicente got nervous. They are really close because Richard entrusted him whenever he's away for business meetings and personal errands.

"Where's the new files?" He asked while staring the files on his table.

"Sir, na kay Stacy pa po. May irerevise daw po sya." He abruptly responded.

"Okay. Thanks. You can leave." Richard commanded.

When he flipped the pages of the file he is reading, he flinched in pain.

And there he saw his swollen hand.

"Bwiset naman oh!" He ranted while tapping his table using his undamaged hand.

He take a bath awhile ago but he didn't even noticed that his hand is swollen.

He just remembered how he punched the table yesterday's night because of his frustration.

He messed up his hair while throwing his ballpen.

And his phone rings.

He saw the caller.

His wife.

He's quite thinking twice before answering it, it rung three times before he answered.

And of course, he didn't insisted himself to talk first.

He's still upset on what she'd say yesterday after what they did.

"Ri--richard... Have you eaten?" She can visibly heard that she's so hesitant to speak.

He shakes his head before answering, "Hindi pa. Rachel, I have so many works to do." He said hanging up the phone. Lame excuses.

He sighed heavily before glancing once again on his phone.

And he leaned his head on his swivel chair before sighing heavily.

'Katulad nyan, tatawag-tawag sya. Tapos ano? Wala naman pala lang to sa kanya. Hindi ba pagpapaasa ang tawag sa ginagawa nya sa'kin?" His mind asked in confusion and also frustration.

On the other line, Rachel's tears streamed down.

She's so emotional because even though Richard didn't tell her that he's upset on what she said yesterday, she already knew that he is.

'Ayan, tapos iiyak-iyak ka ngayon? Sino bang hindi ready? Ikaw di ba? Her other side said.

She's now blaming herself for not being ready and having doubts toward him.

Her phone rings and her heart tampered in nervousness, hope, or whatever it is. Of course, she's hoping that Richard will call back after he just dropped off the call.

But she sighed deeply as she saw Simon's calling.

And she immediately answered it, maybe it's about her long lost sister.

"Hello Simon... You have the lead?" She asked directly. Simon didn't know that Rachel knew that he was the one who's responsible for the car accident.