Chapter Eleven - Late Night Confession

Jian Yi was furious his mother was home, no way he was this unlucky! She hadn't been home for a week and she picked that exact moment to waltz through the door with her pork dumplings. Yi gnashed his teeth as he reached up to get the guest futon down from the shelf in the hall cupboard. Now instead of spending the night curled up naked with Zhan Zheng Xi, he was going to have to sleep apart from his best friend. Slamming the door to the cupboard he stomped along to his bedroom and lay out the futon on the floor next to his bed. He edged it as close as he could get it, sitting on the bed with a sigh he cursed his bad luck again.

Although if he was honest with himself he was secretly pleased to have respite after what had happened between them earlier. He still got hot all over when he remembered how much pleasure Zhan Xixi wrought from him. He was slightly scared to think what else Xixi was capable of, what other things could he do........ Jian Yi shivered in anticipation. He loved Zhan Xixi regardless, he'd take anything Xixi could throw at him!

Zhan knocked on the door to Jian Yi's bedroom and pushed the door open before closing it behind him. He walked over and sat down next to Jian Yi, their shoulders touching. He nudged his boyfriend when he remained silent.

"Your mom is sitting watching TV in the living room. She normally falls asleep at about 11pm doesn't she? Let's make sure to wake her up and suggest she go to her bedroom. It's quite a bit further away than the living room. That way we can talk and maybe we can do some quiet contemplation."

Jian Yi blushed when he looked at Xixi's face, he was smiling, the picture of innocence. He nodded and then he got his eye on the table lying against the wall, his school notes scattered everywhere on the floor. Panic was his first thought, shit he had forgotten about his history homework!

"Fuck my homework, I've got to do it before we have any sort of 'chats' and look!" He pointed at the bag of condoms and lube. Zhan Xixi was already onto it, he dove to scoop up the contents and stuffed them back into the bag. He strode over to Jian Yi's desk and put he bag in the drawer. Jian Yi cocked his head in enquiry when a look of horror dawned on Zhan's face.

"I'll be back!" He dove out the door and Jian Yi heard the bathroom door slam and lock. Several minutes later he came back in, something hidden in his hand.

"The bath was still quite dirty and I left the bottle of lube on the lip of the bath." He looked relieved he had thought to check. "Jian Yi we are going to have to be more careful if we are going to successfully keep this from our families."

"I know, I know, we will be more careful in the future. Now back to my homework, help me Xixi!".
——————————

Some time later once the last question was answered Jian Yi got up, yawned and stretched his hands up in the air. He was aching all over for some unknown reason.... He watched as Xixi's eyes were drawn to the patch of skin where his T-shirt was riding up and his sweat pants were riding low on his hips showing off his V and abs. He might have stretched for a bit longer than he should have. Smirking he sauntered off to the living room when he saw that it was 10.55pm. His mother was sound asleep on the couch and she woke up eventually after much poking and prodding.

"Go to bed mom, see you in the morning." He waved her off and ran back to his room and when he heard her door shut the apprehension he felt earlier returned.

"She's gone to her room. What did you want us to talk about?" Jian Yi sat on the futon on the floor across from Zhan Xixi, who was sitting cross legged his back straight. He always had much better posture than Yi had.

"Tonight I was coming here to confess to you." Zhan crossed his arms and looked at him seriously.

Jian Yi gaped at this news flash, his jaw dropped and he nervously ran his hand over the back of his head. "Zhan Zheng Xi......."

"I was coming here because I can't deny my feelings for you any more and I wanted you to know that." He reached over, grabbed Jian Yi's hand, brought it to his mouth and kissed the palm.

"I like you Jian Yi, will you go out with me?" He waited.

"Xixi you idiot I love you, of course I will go out with you!" Jian Yi wiped happy tears. Today was turning out to be the best day ever, he squeezed Xi's hand and laughed he was so happy.

Zhan Zheng Xi was noticeably relieved and took a huge breath.

"Phew today I have much to be thankful for." Jian Yi flopped on his back grinning up at his now official boyfriend.

"Damn I didn't need to implement my plan after all, who knew you were also yearning for me too. I suppose this afternoon makes sense now. Hehe." He looked around and coughed, he really shouldn't have said that!

"Ahem" he coughed to cover his blunder. "I can't get my head around it. I've wanted you for some time now, you were this pipe dream I was never allowed to have. Now we are sitting here, going out and I am mad at myself because I can't stop thinking about all those times you pushed me away or looked at me with sympathy. Shit I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring it up when we are finally together."

He let his head drop forward and he scrubbed his hands through his hair. Zhan Zheng Xi's sigh was loud in the silence and Yi looked up apprehensively.

"Jian Yi.... Jian Yi shit never doubt that I want you, never doubt that. It just took me longer to realise that you were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, by the end of middle school my eyes were drawn to your beautiful body and sexy face and I just wanted to spend more and more time with you, until I couldn't help but look at you in a sexual way. You know how incredibly hard it is, for me I was convinced that girls were the only thing I would find sexually attractive, only to wake up one Friday morning with come on my chest because I just had an amazingly detailed dream about you sucking my cock. It was shocking, I didn't know what to do. Needless to say I'm not as clever as you, it took me a while to admit my feelings for you. I can't say I'm sorry, it is something I had to go through on my own, but I'm ready now."

Jian Yi got up and embraced Zhan Xixi for what seemed like an eternity, before pulling back and resting his forehead against Zhan's. Putting his hands on his boyfriend's cheeks he humbly apologised.

"I'm sorry Xixi for never knowing what you were going through, not much of a friend am I? I was being selfish about my own problems, I never stopped to see if you were in trouble, that you needed me to there as a friend. For that I'm deeply sorry."

Zhan Zheng Xi felt his chest tighten with love for this person in front of him, for once they both knew how the other was feeling and it felt amazing.

"Thank you Jian Yi for being my friend, but also thank you for being my boyfriend. I am so lucky."