Chapter Forty Eight - Healing Touch

When Jian Yi opened his eyes in the morning he felt like closing them straight away, because he was weirdly exhausted like he had been awake for weeks with no sleep at all. His eyes were raw from crying too much and his throat felt hoarse from talking for hours last night. Turning his head he saw that he was still on Xi's lap, the cushion long since pushed to the floor.

Zhan Xi was asleep sitting up he looked like he had a broken neck, his head was hanging down to his chest and he was breathing softly. Jian Yi again marvelled at how quiet Xi was when he slept. Yi's heart clenched with a flood of emotions, Zhan Xi had come to him when he most needed it, he had stayed and listened to him all night, he had stroked his hair until he'd finally fallen into an exhausted slumber. His best friend and boyfriend was truly amazing.

He stirred in Xi's lap, rolling his head to the left he saw that his mother was sitting in the chair across from him and her face was just clenched with worry. When he opened his eyes and looked at her, she got up and came over to him crouching on the floor next to him.

"Yi..........?" His mom reached out and cupped his cheek softly.

"I'm..............going to be okay mom, I just need some time." Jian Yi's voice was low as to not wake Zhan Xi up.

"I'm here too Yi, please please talk to me, I am willing to listen to whatever you have to say." Her voice broke. Jian Yi had a feeling that she had heard everything he'd said to Zhan Xi last night.

"I will mom, I'm not going to hide anymore, I promise." Yi reached out and clasped her hand.

"It's a promise." She nodded and kissed his forehead like she used to when he was little and he had a fever.

"Mom umm school........I can't.........today looking like this? I feel, I don't know I'm feeling stretched thin." His eye's were badly swollen from crying for so long.

"Okay, but I'm calling your counsellor to make an appointment okay?" Jian Yi nodded and he watched her get up, dust her bare knees off then she went off to make phone calls he guessed to the school and to his counsellor.

Jian Yi settled back onto Xi's knee and his eyes closed again, it was peaceful here curled on the couch with his head resting on Xixi's hard strong thigh.

====================================

"Jian Yi...........Yi?" Jian Yi stirred when he heard his mother's voice.

"Hmm....? Mom?" He blinked his eyes open and sat up. His hair was a complete disaster, he could tell it was sticking up all over.

"I'm going to go shopping and get some things, I will be back later. Are you okay with me leaving, do you want me to stay?" His mom stood with her purse in hand and looked like she was in two minds if she was going to leave him or not.

"It's okay mom, I'll be okay." He rubbed his eyes and smiled at her, a genuine smile, for the first time since his attack he smiled and it felt like it was okay to smile a little.

"Yi." She came over and hugged him tight, kissed his cheek and then she reluctantly walked away.

Jian Yi turned around and he flushed when he realised that Zhan Xixi was still there sleeping soundly on the couch sitting up, his chin was still on his chest, how long had he been sleeping in that awkward position? Surely he wasn't comfortable sleeping like that? Jian Yi had an idea.

Walking towards the couch he gently as possible bent down and picked up Xi's ankles, he groaned as he lifted them up then shuffled sideways, struggling he hauled Xi's lower body up and onto the couch so he was lying horizontally. Jian Yi didn't expect Xi's lower body to be so heavy, he was gasping with the effort it took. There stealthy, he was a genius.