Chapter 7

Ryden POV

I was sat in the Whyte Wyrm on a table with Blue,Juliet,My mom and My dad my dad was drinking a beer and everyone else's was drinking soda. There where a lot of people in the bar because to day is the day my dad announces what I'm doing. Staying or leaving. I was nervous I basically have to get up on the stage and my dad asked what I want to do if I stay I have to cut my hand and put a drop of blood over hot coals to seal me staying and he gives me my jacket back (AN if you've ever seen divergent that's basically the way you decide) If I leave he throws my jacket to the side and I have to walk out the bar. I was lost in thought when my dad kisses my mom on the cheek and stands up he puts his hand on my shoulder and say "come on." I stand up with him and take a deep breath and we both walk onto the stage.

"Everyone!" My dad shouts making everyone look over.

"It's time for Ryden to decide what he wants to do."

He turns to me and says "Ryden Pendleton Jones. You are a serpent by blood but your 16 now so it's up to you. Do you want to stay or do you want to leave?"

I look around and see everyone looking at me with serious faces I look over at Juliet who is smiling at me and so is my mom. I take a deep breath and look at my dad who also had a serious face.

"I want to stay." I say and everyone started to clap and cheer my dad hands me the knife and I cut my hand slightly and put a drop of my blood in the hot coals I put the knife down and my dad hands me my jacket back I put it on and he pulls me into a hug.

"I'm proud of you Ryden."

"Thanks dad." I say hugging him back after a second we pull away and walk down off of the stage we walk back over to the table and my mom hugs me and kisses my cheek and Juliet gives me a hug and Blue gives me a bro hug.

We went back home and as soon as I walked in it was dark. I flipped on the lights as my mom,dad, Juliet and Blue walked in behind me. As soon as the lights turns on people shouted "SURPRISE!!" As I look around I see Fangs, Sweet-Pea, Nuke,Al (Nukes brother),Auntie Polly, Uncle Jason, Sonny,Ellie Auntie Veronica,Uncle Archie, Amy (Veronica and Archies daughter she's 15)Uncle Kevin and Uncle Joaquin and my Grandma and Grandad and a few other people. They all great me and I open presents we have some food and just talking then my Uncle Archie says "How's playing the guitar going?" As soon as everyone hears that they all look over to where I was sitting then Fangs says "I didn't know you played guitar Ryden?" Then My Grandmar says "why don't you play is something Ryden?" Then my Mom jumps in and says "Mom!" She then looks at me and says "You don't have to Ryden if you don't want to."

"I know. By like you dad say I should try it. Even if it's once." I say looking at my dad who was smiling and nodding his head slightly I stand up and go get my guitar and walk back down and see everyone sat in the living room. I walk over to the armchair where no one was sitting and sit in it.

"What should I play?" I ask not sure on what to do

"How about The A Team? You where always good at that." My Uncle Archie says I nod and take a few deep breaths and begin to strum The A Team by Ed Sheeran I keep my eyes on my guitar as I strum and being to sing.

White lips, pale face
Breathing in snowflakes
Burnt lungs, sour taste
Light's gone, day's end
Struggling to pay rent
Long nights, strange men
And they say
She's in the Class A Team
She's stuck in her daydream
Been this way since eighteen
But lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
And they scream
The worst things in life come free to us
'Cause she's just under the upper-hand
And goes mad for a couple of grams
And she don't want to go outside tonight
'Cause in a pipe she flies to the Motherland
And sells love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly
Angels to fly
Ripped gloves, raincoat
Tried to swim and stay afloat
Dry house, wet clothes
Loose change, bank notes
Weary-eyed, dry throat
Call girl, no phone
Ripped gloves, raincoat
Tried to swim and stay afloat
Dry house, wet clothes
Loose change, bank notes
Weary-eyed, dry throat
Call girl, no phone
And they say
She's in the Class A Team
She's stuck in her daydream
Been this way since eighteen
But lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
And they scream
The worst things in life come free to us
'Cause she's just under the upper-hand
And goes mad for a couple of grams
But she don't want to go outside tonight
'Cause in a pipe she flies to the Motherland
And sells love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly
Now angel will die
Covered in white, closed eye
And hoping for a better life
This time, now we'll fade out tonight
Straight down the line
And they say
She's in the Class A Team
She's stuck in her daydream
Been this way since eighteen
But lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
They scream
The worst things in life come free to us
And we're all under the upper-hand
Go mad for a couple of grams
And we don't want to go outside tonight
'Cause in a pipe we fly to the Motherland
And sell love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly
Angels to fly, fly, fly
Angels to fly, to fly, to fly
Angels to die

When I stop I take a deep breath and look at everyone who has a shocked face and then they all start cheering and clapping everyone says How good it was and how I should do it more often. My mom gave me a hug and said she was proud and so did my dad a few hours later everyone went home and I went to bed after saying night to everyone.