Chapter 2

Jughead POV

If I'm being honest I have know idea why I was mad at Ryden I guess always thought he would chose the serpents but it scares me to think if he doesn't I won't be able to protect him as much as I can if he stays. I promise him though that no matter what he is or who he wants to be I will support him. I really love him I just wish he new how much. As soon as he shut the door Betty says "Jug what did you do?!"

"Ryden thinks I'm ignoring him and talking to the twins more then him because I don't love him or think he's a man. I really love him Betts I don't want him to think I don't." I say pacing up and down until Betty grabs my arm and faces me. "Calm down Jug. He's gone to Alex's ok? He just needs to cool down and so do you so just breathe." I nod and give a kiss "I love you." "I love you too." She says giving me another kiss I calm down and walk upstairs to see Blue.

I knock on his door and hear him shout come in I walk in he was sat on his head playing video games he paused it and looks at me.

"Hey dad. What's up?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to see what your doing?"

"I'm just about to play a game of Rainbow Six."

"Ok. See you later then make sure you've done all your homework first though." I day walking across the hall to Juliet's room I knock on the door and wait for a response. Then I hear her say "god sake Rye how much advice can I give you work stuff out on your own or ask....." says when she opens the door and looks at me "Dad. What's up?"

"Can I not say hi and see what your doing anymore?"

"Ye of course you can I was just excepting Ryden."

"Oh. What you doing?"

"Just reading to kill a mockingbird."

"Your mom loves that book."

"I actually have to get back to it it's for English so...."

"Ok. I'll talk to you later dinner should be ready in a hour or so."

She nods and I walk back down the stairs to Betty she was sat on the couch watching Tv I walk over and sit next to her and wrap my arms around her and she snuggles into my side. About a hour later Me, Betty, Blue and Juliet where eating pasta on the dining room table. I was worried about where Ryden was and Betty was panicing a little because he's never left before because if I'm being honest we've never had a big fight like this.Betty put his dinner in the microwave for later. I walk out into the back for a smoke and as I'm about to light my cigarette I hear someone strumming a guitar. I look around am I can try and determine where it's coming from I see the tree house I made for the kids when they where about 10. I walk closer to it and hear someone singing.

Hey there, Delilah
What's it like in New York city?
I'm a thousand miles away
But, girl, tonight you look so pretty
Yes, you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear, it's true
Hey there, Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise
I'm by your side
Oh, it's what you do to me
What you do to me

I climb up the ladder and push open the hatch a little and see Ryden sitting on a chair looking out the little wooden window looking out at the New York skyscrapers. He didn't notice me and continued.

Hey there, Delilah
I know times are gettin' hard
But just believe me, girl
Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar
We'll have it good
We'll have the life we knew we would
My word is good
Hey there, Delilah
I've got so much left to say
If every simple song I wrote to you
Would take your breath away
I'd write it all
Even more in love with me you'd fall
We'd have it all
Oh, it's what you do to me
A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
And we'd just laugh along because we'd know
That none of them have felt this way
Delilah, I can promise you
That by the time that we get through
The world will never ever be the same
And you're to blame.

I push the hatch a bit to much and it creeks and he stops and looks over at me. I push open the hatch all the way and climb in and sit in the floor.

"You are really good at that. You shouldn't be afraid to do it in front of people."

"I only really play for Juliet and Alex, Sam and sometimes Liam."

"Your really good you should try it sometime. Anyway I wanted to say sorry. I didn't mean what I said to me you've always been a man and I'm sorry for ignoring you. I love you Rye.I didn't want you to one day resent me for pushing you into the serpents."

"I know dad. I know." He says looking down

"Look if you don't want to stay that's up to....."

"I want to stay."

"Are you sure because...."

"I'm sure dad."

I stand up and so dose he I pull him into a hug and he hugs back. "I love you Rye no matter what." I say still hugging him.

"I love you too dad." When I pull away I see tears in his eyes I pat his shoulder and we both chuckle.

"Your dinners inside. Your mom put in the microwave. She's worried about you."

He grabs his guitar and we climb down and walk into the house. As soon as we walk in Betty sees Ryden and gives him a hug. She tells him his dinner is on the microwave and he goes and gets it I pull Betty into a hug and give her a kiss.