Chapter 20

Ryden POV

When I got home there was box for me that came in the mail i knew it was only some new shoes I ordered so I just took it upstairs and put it in my bed and I went for a shower because I really needed one I did shower at 3North but they where really quick because I hated the showers there. After my shower I got changed into my usual black jeans, tshirt and flannel I left my beanie off so I could let my hair dry and I was going to put it in later. My dad gave me my phone and stuff back and my keys and shoe laces that they gave to him at the front desk. I plugged my phone in on charge and checked the pockets of my serpent jackets for my knife to open the box. I emptied all the inner pockets where my knife was and only found my wallet and zippo. I checked all the other pockets and I couldn't find it anywhere. I decided to look in the draws in my room and after checking all the draws I slammed the last one shut and then decided to check them again in case I missed it why I was pulling my socks out my draw my dad knocked on the door and walked in.

"Are you ok Ryden?" He says looking at me

"No. I can't find my knife to open this dam box." I say starting to get mad that I can't find it

"Oh. I've got it."

"What. why?" I sat shutting the draw and looking at him and he just looks at me and then I realise why he has it. I thinks I'm going to hurt myself with it. As soon as I realise that I said "oh my god dad. I'm not going to hurt myself with it. I don't even use that any...." I cut my self off and just sighed and walked passed him into the bathroom across the hall and opened the medicine cabinet and reached up to the top shelf and pushed a few boxes of toothpaste and floss and stuff away and pulled out the box of razors I had in the bathroom. I turn to my dad who was stood in the door way watching me and hand him the box of razors. "There. Look dad can I just have my knife please. I'm not going to hurt myself with it. I never have it was always with them. To be honest I don't want to hurt myself again. So please." I say pleading with him to give it back to me. He sighed and said "I'll talk it over with your mother." He said walking down the stairs carrying the box of razors with him. I walked back into my room and sat on my couch and decided to play State Of Decay.

A few hours later I had text Callum, Jeff and Amber to be at the Whyte Wyrm for 7:00pm. And I was still sat on my couch playing State Of Decay when there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" I shouted and someone opened the door I glanced back and saw my dad I looked back at the TV and my dad walk in and over to me and crouched down in front of me. I paused my game and looked at him. He was holding my knife and looking down at it then he looked up at me and said "Promise me you won't hurt yourself again. Because if I give you this back me and your mom are trusting you. We don't want to see you hurt Rye."

"I promise dad." He handed me it back and I pulled him into a hug he smiled at me and hugged me back then he walked out my room and shut the door. I opened my box and took the new pair of all black heigh top vans I put them on and put my serpent jacket on and put my knife, wallet and zippo back I the inner pockets of my jacket and put my beanie on and walked own stairs where Blue, Juliet, may dad and my mom where waiting for me. We all got in the car and drive to the Whyte Wyrm.