Eyes Set Pt. 4

Harry yawned, staring up at the ceiling with blurry vision. He rubbed his eyes, then frowned.

The wizard propped himself up on an elbow. What he saw nearly made him fall out of bed.

"Glad to see that you're awake." Snape commented, smirking. Their fingers were still entwined together. The professor calmly read a book with one hand.

"Sorry." Harry pulled his hand away, cheeks blotchy from embarrassment. The man lying next to him wink wonk ;) was somehow always able to make him blush.

"I offered." Severus shrugged. "So, last night you were telling me about how you don't want to stay here. Where else would you go?"

"Um, I'm not sure. I think Sirius's family had a manor somewhere in Italy. Maybe there."

"And what would you do there?"

"Probably open up a shop. Sell little trinkets or something. Find some animal companion and settle down. I think having a dog would be nice. Possibly even a snake. It'd be nice to have something to talk to." A/N: yes, I know technically Harry lost his parsletongue abilities after the horcrux in him was killed. Don't comment, I'm not following the exact plot. Obviously.

"Quite a simple plan." Harry shrugged.

"Simple is what I'm going for now. No more drama. No more goddamn students. I want to start over."

"What? You're just going to wipe the whole slate clean?"

"It's no longer my business to be here. Whatever friends I still have can visit if they want." Snape let out a sigh.

"I don't think it can be that easy."

"I might leave as soon as my core recovers." Harry seemed to be deep in thought.

"I don't think you're listening. The press will still follow you."

"They can't peruse me forever." Potter countered.

"So stubborn. I'd recommend doing research while you heal." Harry nodded.

"Yes, right. Research..." he trailed off, throwing his blankets aside. "I'll be in the library if you need me." The young wizard shuffled out of the infirmary, still in his wrinkled nightwear.

The professor sighed, groaning as Poppy walked out from her office.

"Where has Mr. Potter run off to now?"

"The library. He's doing research." The witch handed him a potion.

"For what?" Snape quickly drank it, grimacing.

"He wants to find a place to live. Says that Black's family has a manor in Italy."

"Ah, I see. We all went through that phase once."

"It's not a phase for him. Potter doesn't want to stay here. He wants to start over, have a new life." Poppy sat down, sighing.

"Then you two might want to clear up what's happening before he leaves. I might be able to stall him for a couple of days, but not too long. In just a week or so he can safely leave. That doesn't give you much time."

"What do you mean? Nothing is happening." Snape replied quickly.

"Really? I did see you two holding hands. The boy adores you, Severus. Are you trying to say you have no feelings for him?"

"Well, no. I do. I didn't think anyone noticed."

"Not many have. I believe Miss Granger has a few suspicions, but she won't be an issue." Snape nodded.