Home Pt. 8

A/N: this takes place on Harry's birthday so he can be 17. Let's not make Fenrir seem like a pedophile.

A party was going on in Grimuald Place.

Harry smiled brightly at the witches and wizards around him.

"I can't believe you're an adult now! My cub has grown up!" Remus hugged him tightly.

"I can't either, Moony. Is everyone here now?" Harry's eyes scanned the room.

"We're still missing Greyback." Harry frowned.

"Maybe he isn't coming. Can we just wait a few more minutes before opening presents? I really hope he'll show up." Remus nodded, patting Harry's shoulder.

"Of course." Remus went to go talk with Snape. The two of them seemed to be closer now.

Harry smiled at Draco, who stood with his back pressed against a wall.

The poor blond looked severely uncomfortable. Despite this, he smiled back. Malfoy quickly waved him over.

Harry got the message, hurrying to his side.

"Sorry. I know this probably isn't very fun for you."

"It's fine, I wanted to come." Draco nudged his shoulder playfully.

"I'm glad. How are your parents doing?"

"Better. Mother seems much less stressed. We got a present for you, by the way."

"Don't tell me they're peacocks." Draco flushed.

"They're not. That was an idea though." Potter laughed, imaging peacocks strutting around his house.

"Well thank you. You didn't happen to hear anything from Fenrir, right?"

"He wanted me to tell you to wait for him. Apparently, you've got a surprise coming. It's so important, he took a Wolfsbane potion to prevent his transformation." Harry's brows raised. He didn't think Fenrir had ever taken a potion to prevent his transformation. The man seemed to be proud of being a werewolf.

"Really? What is it?" Draco rolled his eyes.

"I can't tell you, it's a surprise!" Harry pouted.

"Come sit down next to me. Seeing you stand here awkwardly makes me feel weird. Malfoys are supposed to be socialites." Potter pulled him to the couch.

"Everyone is staring." Draco mumbled as he sat.

"Whatever. You should feel at home here. Your mother was a Black, after all. Kreacher!" The house elf appeared with a crack.

"Yes, Master Harry?"

"Could you get us something to drink? Butterbeer or pumpkin juice would work." Kreacher nodded obediently. "Now, what do you wish to talk about?"

/:/

Harry stared at the presents around him.

The newest broomstick from the Malfoys, Pumpkin Pasties And Chocolate Frogs from Remus, several potions from Snape, a book about charms from Luna, some potted plants from Neville, and an assortment of other small trinkets from students showing their gratitude.

Fenrir hadn't shown up yet, which was unfortunate because everyone started to leave.

Within an hour after opening presents, all the guests, except for Remus, were gone.

"Sorry cub, I'm sure something came up. Fenrir is a busy man. I'm going to bed now, goodnight." Remus ruffled his hair before heading upstairs.

Harry let out a long sigh, sprawling out across the loveseat. He stared at the ceiling.