Christmas Day 9 (Severus x Harry, Non-Magical)

A/N: so in this muggle world, Harry and Severus are married and work at the same school.

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love sent to me nine pipers piping

"Alright, settle down." Harry Snape, a history teacher, entered his classroom, smiling.

"Good morning, Harry!"

"Good morning, Lavender ." He replied with little enthusiasm, picking up a stack of papers.

She came up to his desk, a cloud of strong perfume following her. Harry coughed once.

"Go sit down please." She pouted, but did as told with a quiet 'Yes, Harry'. There were some giggles and whispers afterwards, but it didn't bother Harry. "We all know what the Black Plague is, yes? Good. Today we'll be reading a poem about the Pied Piper of Hamelin." He passed the papers out and sat down at his desk. "Would anyone like to start out?" Hermione Granger raised her hand. "Hermione it is."

"Hamelin Town's in Brunswick..."

/:/

"Ok, I'm not going to ask you to analyze this for homework because I'm not your English teacher. For the rest of class, you may talk." Harry pulled out a folder of tests and a pen and started to correct them.

He had about two minutes of silence before a student began to bother him.

"I called Mr. Snape by his first name today." Harry's brows rose.

"And how did that go?" Blaise rubbed his chin.

"Not very well." Harry chuckled.

"You calling me by my first name is so you don't mix us up. I'm surprised he didn't give you detention." Blaise nodded.

"Me too!"

"I'll apologize for you. But you shouldn't do it again."

"Shouldn't is a very loose suggestion." Blaise ran off to his desk before Harry could say anything.

The history teacher sighed and continued to grade his students' papers.

About ten minutes later, the bell rang. There was some shuffling of papers, but no one got out of there seats.

Harry looked up over the rims of his glasses. "What are you waiting for? The bell dismisses you, not me."

His classroom was empty in about fifteen seconds.

/:/

"Hey baby." Harry set Sev's lunch on his desk and pulled up a chair so they could sit together.

"Hey. Oh, Zabini called me 'Severus' today."

"He wanted me to tell you he's sorry. It was a mistake. I let my students call me by my first name, so he must have just gotten confused or something." The chemistry teacher snorted.

"You're crazy." Harry shrugged.

"I mean they still respect me. Besides, it's easier for them this way. No confusion between 'Mr. Snape'."

"You could just not use my last name."

"Where's the fun in that? It's not so wrong to want people to know we're married." Harry clasped their hands together and smiled brightly.

"Damned right. What did you talk about in class today?"

"The Pied Piper of Hamelin. Grim stuff, I suppose."

"Mm." they ate and chatted for the rest of lunch.

When the time to separate came, Severus noticed Harry's poorly knotted tie.

"How did I let you go out of the house like that? Just wait a minute." He flipped Harry's collar up and untied the strip of silk.

"Trying to strip me at work? You're getting bolder every day."

"Hush." He fixed it quickly and sent Harry off with a short hug and kiss on the forehead.

The history teacher rushed to his classroom.

Only three more hours of the day until he could be free of children.

A/N: so yeah I know that wasn't very good :( I didn't know how to include pipers other than the poem thingy. If you want to read the whole thing, here's a link.

https://m.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/pied-piper-hamelin