Christmas Day 11 (Fenrir x Harry, Non-Magical)

"Where are we even going?" Fenrir asked, looking up at the darkening sky.

"Somewhere special. You'll have fun, I promise."

"Well ok. Are we doing something illegal?" Harry thought for a moment.

"I mean, maybe. A little bit of trespassing is all." Greyback shrugged.

"Whatever." Harry stepped off the sidewalk into snowy grass.

"It's faster this way." Fenrir followed him.

"Whose land are we on?"

"I don't know. But they have this forest in their back yard. What I want to show you is in there."

"Are you planning on murdering me in there?" Harry looked back at him, frowning.

"We're friends, aren't we? Can you just trust me for a little while?" Fenrir felt his cheeks heat up. Potter, for some unknown reason, was easily able to fluster him.

"F-fine." He mumbled. Harry continued to walk, humming quietly.

They snuck into the woods, Harry veering off the track a few hundred yards in.

Fenrir followed him, wincing at every sound. He had a mild fear of being caught.

About ten minutes of walking later, Harry stopped.

"Ok, we're here. Look." In front of them was a frozen pond, slightly smaller than a football field. Its surface reflected silver light from the moon beautifully.

Harry scanned over the land, searching for something. He clucked his tongue and began to dig through snow.

He pulled a cardboard box out.

"What do you have in there?" Harry opened it, grinning.

"Ice skates." There were, in fact, two pairs of ice skates inside the box.

"You know my foot size?"

"I kind of guessed. You think a ten will fit?"

"You're good at guessing. Ten is my foot size." Harry put a blanket on the ground for them to sit on.

"Have you ever skated before?" Fenrir shook his head.

"Nope."

"That's alright. I can help you."

"Really? Did you used to play hockey or something before?"

"No." By this time, Harry had gotten both his skates on and tied. Greyback, on the other hand, had no idea of where to start. He'd stopped at getter no both the skates on his feet. "What are you waiting for? Do you need help?" Fenrir just nodded.

Harry laced his skates up in about two minutes, though his fingers were feeling quite stiff and cold.

He stood up easily and wandered out onto the ice.

"Are you sure it's thick enough?" Greyback stood up with some difficulties.

"Yeah, I've been skating here for a few days now." Fenrir could see the ice was marked up from blades.

Harry came over, holding his hands out.Greyback accepted them and stepped onto the ice. He smiled nervously at Harry, who laughed in response.

"Can I let go?"

"I suppose..." Fenrir nearly slipped as soon as he had nothing to hold on to.

"It's harder than it looks, right?" Greyback quickly steadied himself by grabbing onto Harry's shoulder.

"This is scarier than I thought it'd be." Potter laughed quietly.

"Well don't worry too much. I'll catch you if you slip."

"I seriously doubt that you could off or on ice."

"Ok, I'll try to catch you if you slip."

"That's better. Now, how do I move?"

"It's like roller blades. But harder. Just push off." Fenrir slowly went forward a little. "You'll get better with time."

"Oh you're all knowing? Alright, Jedi Master, share your skills." Harry skated into the middle of the frozen pond.

"Laugh if I fall, ok? If you don't, I might cry." Harry took a few deep breaths, feeling strangely nervous. He supposed it was because of Fenrir. Ignoring that, he began to skate.

Greyback watched attentively as he leaped into the air, rotated three times, and landed on his right foot.

Harry silently cheered. He handy made a fool of himself for once!

"That's called a triple salchow." He skated back over to where Greyback stood.

"Wow, I wasn't expecting that. Where'd you learn it?" Harry smiled, his cheeks rosy from the cold and Fenrir's approval.

"I used to take lessons. I practice at the rink without lessons now."

"It was beautiful!" Potter looked down at his skates, grinning.

"Thank you." Fenrir took a few cautious steps forward. One moment, he was on his feet. The next, he was sprawled out on the ice.

Harry, unfortunately, had gone down with him when he scrambled to find something to hold.

Potter landed on something warm and soft, the opposite of Fenrir.

"Are you ok?" Greyback simply stared up at him. He really couldn't help himself.

His eyes shone in the moonlight, skin like cream satin-

"Did you hit your head?" Harry got to his knees, helping his friend sit up.

"I'm fine." Potter looked up at the mostly cloudy sky.

"It looks like snow. C'mon, we can go to mine for a bit. You look a little dazed, maybe some tea will help."

They both got to their feet and switched to normal shoes off the ice.

"How will I get home?" Fenrir questioned as he was pulled out of the woods and back to the sidewalk.

"I'll get you an Uber."

Greyback smiled goofily as it began to snow, like Harry predicted.

He figured it was a mixture of joy and a minor concussion. That was irrelevant, though. He would see a doctor the next day.

A/N: Don't kill me, I know this is a few days late. I had it finished, but forgot to publish it.